The sleep over | Teen Ink

The sleep over

December 18, 2016
By kingpapialex777 SILVER, Wilmington , Delaware
kingpapialex777 SILVER, Wilmington , Delaware
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
lets get ready to rumble


Jack and I are the type of people to do very dumb stuff when we are bored. My name is Ryan I am 17, Jack is 16, we are friends and neighbors of the same neighborhood. We have been friends since we were 5 years of age and we go to the same school. We are very sporty, we play soccer, basketball, and we run track. We leave practice together every Saturday and whenever I can I stay over his house.


This Saturday wasn't any different after what felt like forever we left practice, we started walking because Jack's parents nor my parents were home. I forgot my house key and told ryan that i was gonna have to stay at his place till my parents came home, jack responded with a “no problem bro”.
I took my stuff with me into Jack's house and made up my mind, called my mom and told her that i was gonna sleep over Jack's tonight, she was fine with it so I proceeded inside his home. Jack said that the only person that he was waiting for was his uncle Drew and told me that his mom called him in only because she did not trust Jack home alone Jack told me looking angry and disturbed. We played video games and watched movies, ate junk food that Jack had in his refrigerator.


As the hours went by and as the night was approaching Jack's parents were in no sight, and the same for his uncle Drew. We were in the basement of his house and we were watching a really funny comedy movie. Jack looked a little worried that his uncle wasn't here yet i was about 12pm at night and still no sign of his uncle drew. Jack got up and told me that he was gonna go and try to call, contact his uncle, and left the basement. Still looking worried Jack ran upstairs and left the basement shutting the door, I paused the movie just in case and was just using my phone waiting for Jack to come back.


While Jack was upstairs, i was using my phone checking social media, when suddenly i heard a vibrating noise coming from the basements closet door, at first i thought that it was my phone but that was kind of a dumb thought. I called jack and said,

“dude there's like a vibrating noise down here, did someone leave their phone here or something here?”.
He replied saying

“ What?No! I just called my mom and texted my dad, and the both replied”.
Soon I see Jack running down stairs, and we began to talk about the weird vibrating noise. Suddenly Jack calls his uncle again, and the vibrating noise starts again, I put my ear next to the closet door and yes the noise was coming from the other side of the basement door. I told jack, he freaked out and ran up and opened the door, there laid Jack's uncle dead with his phone in hand, jack freaked out starting to cry, I was also freaking out Jack called his parents and they came as soon as possible.


The police showed up Jack and his family heart broken, I was there for Jack and his loss. A month later the police came to Jack's house and stated that there was a man that broke in Jack's house to rob but when the burglar came inside Jack's uncle was there and the burglar stabbed him right after he did that Jack and I came inso he proceeded to hide downstairs in the basement with Drew's corpse and when he had a shot he escaped the house. The man got life in prison but that wasn't enough to lighten Jack and his family up. Jack and i still talk but he is not the same he is a very quiet person now, he does not leave his house, skips school, just with that you can tell that he completely changed after that incident.


This will certify that the above work is completely original.
 


The author's comments:

This came of the top of my head.