Martin the rainbiw | Teen Ink

Martin the rainbiw

By AudreyAtkinson23 BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
AudreyAtkinson23 BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado

In Seattle Washington there was a rainy cast everyday, but in those rainy cloud lived Martin the Rainbow. Martin the Rainbow was very sad because he just wanted to shine through and end the pain. The reason martin wasn’t shining through is because he thinks his mom left him when he was a kid because he was a runt. “I’m too small to do anything with my life” Martin said quietly to himself.
The next day passed and it still continued to rain. Martin continued to be sad as well. When is this going to be over? He cried and cried but still couldn’t think of way to make the rain stop. He looked at one of the clouds. “HI! What’s your name?” he asked the cloud. The cloud replied  in a really sad droopy voice “I’m Dan the cloud that never stops raining.” Martin didn’t know what to say to Dan so he just sat quietly trying hold back his frustration.
Martin looks the other way and sees a cloud that looks like a rainbow. He shouts “Hey!”. The cloud turned around and looked at Martin in the eyes but did not say a word. Martin knew that there was something different about this cloud. He looked closer then finally the cloud said something in a soft sweet voice, “Hey Martin.” Martin was amazed, how did this cloud know his name? He suddenly figures it out. “Mom?” He replies. “Yes sweetie it’s me.” right after Martin finishes speaking
Martin stares at her amazed, then he stutters out “wh-why did you leave me?” “I didn’t” she replies, “It was the dark cast that took me away. I was so weak after the birth of you to fight it off. I couldn’t shine bright so eventually I faded away.” Martin is now almost in tears. “So I killed you?” He responded. “No sweetie I gave my life to you. Learn how to use this power I left for you and shine extra bright. It’s up to you to stop this storm, or it will never end. I believe you can do it.“
Martin was shocked his mom was always right. It was up to him to save Seattle. He always thought he was the runt so he could never shine through, now he’s figuring out he has the brightest most pure colors and has to be the super hero.
Martin thought really hard and tightened all his muscles. It started getting brighter but not bright enough. “Stronger!” the mom responded. Martin went a little stronger and the BAM. A pop of bright colors burst through the clouds and ended the storm. Nobody's ever seen a rainbow this bright. It was beautiful and Martin couldn’t be any more happier. He overcame the person he thought he was and let his true colors shine through.