The Margarita | Teen Ink

The Margarita

By ILovePancakes BRONZE, Louisville, Colorado
ILovePancakes BRONZE, Louisville, Colorado

She opened her eyes onto a world of frigidity and stillness. She couldn’t move, speak, or do anything. All she could do was stare. Stare into a black abyss all around her. There was a light above her shining down like a spotlight. Aside from that light, all she could see was a giant glass wall surrounding her on all sides. She felt like she was sitting in a slushy arctic lake. It was icy and… Pink? She suddenly realized that everything except the glass wall was pink. It didn’t make any sense to her. Why was everything pink? Where was she? What was happening? Why was this happening to her? What is that light?
Warmth. A massive warm hand appeared out of nowhere and grabbed the glass walls around her and lifted them, and everything inside them, into the air. She saw 5 long tendrils wrapping their way tighter around the glass that surrounded her. Then, everything became chaos. The world started to tip, and all the slush began to slide towards the top of the glass. She then saw a pair of red lines approach the glass. They smooshed themselves against the glass, and the slush began to slide between them into a seemingly endless void. She tried her best to move away from the lines, but she couldn’t move. She could do nothing as she slid slowly towards her inevitable death.
She closed her eyes and all she could think was “Why me? Why did this have to happen to me?” She then felt a warmth like she had never known. It was scorching hot, like being put into an oven. When she turned around, she could see massive white things closing together, trapping out all light. Everything began to go white. She was dying. She didn’t even know what living was like, and she died.
Now, granted, she was a margarita, and she wasn’t actually ever alive. Also, may I add, she was delicious.