Money doesnt last forever | Teen Ink

Money doesnt last forever

By MarcosThomas BRONZE, Oakland, New Jersey
MarcosThomas BRONZE, Oakland, New Jersey

Money doesn't last forever

I said get my peeled grapes!! Geez, these maids don’t know how to do anything around here. I asked for peeled grapes and I want my peeled grapes!! Anyway, sorry for the interruption. My name is Sinjin Van Cleef, and I am rich. I didn't have to work for it like most of you snobs, but I just got lucky by winning the lottery. Played my numbers, 5 24 7 34 9, five numbers made me richer than all of you. How great is that? But anyways, let me tell you the story about how I came to stardom. But before I do that, I gotta eat my peeled grapes...Ok, now back to the story. Before I was rich, I was just average joe doing normal things, like eating grapes with skin. I don't even know how I used to eat grapes. I had a normal job working at a bank as a teller. I had a 1998 Toyota Corolla that barely ran. And then, the day happened. I had just went to 7-11 to get my morning coffee, and I had saw the powerball at 468 million dollars. Then I thought, what the heck, let's do it. So I played my numbers, and that was that. Went to work, drove home, picked up some grapes, and that was that. So I got home and watch the numbers get picked, and lord behold, I won. Sinjin Van Cleef, new millionaire. After crying my eyes out for about 20 minutes, I drove to the 7-11 to show them that I did indeed win, and I got my money. All 468 million dollars. First thing I did, as any reasonable person would do, is go out and party all night. I reckon I blew about a million that night, but when you have 467 million left, who cares!! Next, I quit my job. Geez I hated dealing with those rich snobs that came in and cashed 3 million dollar checks at a time. But guess what? That's me now! I see my old boss everytime I go to the bank, and I use the same bank that I used to work at for my money, just to rub it in their faces. Makes my day I tell you. I bought a house in Hawaii, because who doesn't want to live in Hawaii, and got one of those Lambofini’s or Lambolini’s or however you pronounce it, I got one. I also got a Gucci toilet because, you know, who doesn't want a Gucci toilet. Am I right or am I right? Of course, as any sensible rich person would do, I bought a lot, and I mean a lot, of Caviar. I hate Caviar, but it makes me look richer so why not? But this journey hasn't been as easy as you think. It’s been a long time coming. When I was in high school, my teachers always told me “Sinjin, you’re not going to be anything with that lazy attitude” or “Sinjin, what are you going to do when you get older?”. Well I just made your whole lifes earnings in a day Mr. Jones, so what do you have to say now? But, it’s time to go to an old friend’s wedding so I have to go. Got to go fire up the Lambowini. Yes sir, I am doing your laundry now. Thank you sir. Hi, I’m Sinjin Van Cleef, and I’m broke. I work for a rich real estate agent. I do the laundry, clean, and tend to the lawn. I make just enough to pay the bills every month, and barely enough to enjoy myself. But it wasn’t always like this. I used to be young, full of energy, excited, and on top of all that, rich. I was the richest of the rich, keyword being “was”. I had one the lottery when I was younger, 468 million if i recall correctly. Oh, those were the days. Kick back all day, ride around in the old Lambokini, make servants get me whatever I wanted whenever I wanted. I used to have peeled grapes, Caviar, fast cars, a huge house in Hawaii, and everything you could ever think of. But boy, I used to be a fool. I would spend one, two, three million at a time. Never invested in anything, always thought I would be rich until one night. I had just gotten to MGM Grand Casino in Las Vegas, and had a drink or two. We were playing poker, and I don’t know how, I don't know why, but I bet 300 million. 300 million. And I lost. Lost all of it. In a desperate attempt to get my money back, I spent my last about 100 million. And I lost that too. There I was sitting in a casino, a millionaire turned completely broke in the blink of an eye. And that's when I thought back to all my teachers telling me “Sinjin, you’re not going to be anything with that lazy attitude” or “Sinjin, what are you going to do when you get older?”. And they were right. I thought I could win the lottery and be set for life, not have to worry about money ever. But I was wrong. I didn’t appreciate what I had and took it for granted. I know what a feels like to be a servant now to rich people, and let me tell you, it’s the worst feeling in the world. Having to peel grapes and do people’s laundry. What kind of life is this? It’s my life. And I wish I had done better with my money and given back, but I didn’t. I wish I was smart enough to care about other people, not just myself. And I wish I had a time machine to go back and fix my mistakes. But I don’t. And I can’t change what I did in the past. I can only affect my future. And now, it looks like I’ll be cutting grass and folding clothes for the rest of my life. Anyway, I have to go finish this laundry. Turns out money doesn't last forever after all.

Its pretty funny haha

on Jan. 5 2017 at 9:49 am
Nice piece!! Very Interesting read 10/10 would read again!!