The Book Of Future Secrets | Teen Ink

The Book Of Future Secrets

November 30, 2016
By Anonymous

It was the perfect day, it was the perfect crime. Tensions were high between the kingdom of Asalethain and the Rijan Republic. That tension soon began the great war. Because of
the Book of Future Secrets. It was discovered by Dave the janitor at Asalethain burrito bell, he claims it was stuck between the back of a toilet. Nobody truly knows how it got there or who wrote it. Some theories suggest the book was open in the restaurant, then immediately closed and left there. Termoul began when dave won the 13 million gold lottery, he did not deserve it.
Soon the government took the book for there own, but then it was stolen. Many suspect that the Republic of Rijan stole it, then the flame of war was ignited.


Jim Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff of the prestige Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff family was lieutenant of Rija Republic,
“Look at those dogs” he said peering at the distant Asalethain army.
“They think we stole their book of whatever those dogs” said his best friend Carol.
“I know, but we didn’t steal the book right?” said Jim
“Uhhh… no…?”  said Carol  
“Wait what’s that you have in your hand?”
“Um… A cookbook…?” said Carol desperately.
“Dang it! Not again, Carol! Third time you made us go to war” said Jim angrily
“I know SOrry, geeezzz I saw it and I just had to have it” said Carol
“HOW DID YOU EVEN GET IT!!!!!!!” Jim said flustered
“Long story, do you want to hear it?” carol said
“Sure, might as well, before we die!” said jim with a sigh.
“Ok, once upon a time I saw a guy carry it to the government building and I hit him in the head with my shoe and ran off” Carol said with boredom
“How did you even not get shot?” Jim said in astonishment.
“I read the book. It showed me a lot of futures where I got shot, but there were a couple where I lived.”
As soon as Carol finished his words, he looked around. He put his index finger in his mouth then test the air, and quickly duck down. A sniper shot hit the wall behind him,
“Hey spoiler alert you better get down or you’re next” Coral said with his face on the ground. Jim quickly jumped to the ground, simultaneously another sniper shot hit the wall behind him.
“Aaaa you're welcome!” Carol said with sarcasm. Jim’s eyes were wide open in shock. He looked at Carol. Then he looked at the book. Then back to carol.
“Follow me.” Jim said as he crawled past Carol on his hands and knees.
“I knew this day would come. Literally!” Carol replied with big grin on his face. Once they had crawled their way to safety, Jim stood and looked at the book silently for a second.
“I know you’re gonna try to steal it.” Carol said scornfully.
“Whaaaaaaat? no! Why would I need that?” Jim said exaggeratedly.
“Dude. Book of Future Secrets, come on!” said Carol while shaking his head
When Carol finally look up Jim was gone, he quickly look down and saw that the book was gone!
“Like a true Rijan” Carol said laughing while crawling away to safety. The war raged on that night, war was one big stalemate. Neither side gained any footholds, there losses were staking up to the millions, but neither nation gave in.

In the tent of Lieutenant Jim, he lays tired on his bed, he manage to take the book. Though he had to take the long way to get back to his tent. A man walks in
“Aaah I knew I would find you here” says the man
“Hey Carol, yeah kinda my tent where else would I be?” Jim says laying in bed, while trying to sleep.
“Wait you knew it was me, how?” Carol says surprisingly
“Who else would it be” says Jim annoyingly
“Well, good point” said Carol
“Well what do you want” retorted by Jim
“Oh come on you know what I want” Carol says angrily
“What some new shoes?”  Jim says with sarcasm
“I want the book” Carol says
“Here the deal give the book and I will give you anything you want” Jim says while rotating to the other side of the bed.
“Why would I do that!?” Carol says with sharply
“Well if be quiet, I will tell why” Jim says while getting up.
“First I won’t court martial you for causing this war” Jim says with satisfaction.
“Second, well there's no second reason, well I’ll just pay you thirty thousand gold for it” before Jim could even finish his words Carol agreed to his deal.
“Wait really?” says Jim with astonomistment
“Well, times are tough, need the extra cash, plus I wrote most of my future secrets down anyways, so no take backsy” Carol says while pointing his finger at Jim.
“Well I guess it's a deal than” Jim says in confusion.
“I guess, when do I get the money?” Carol says with anticipation
“I’ll get the money right now, ummm sorry thought there was going to be some drama” Jim said while scratching his head.
“No what can I do you have me in a tough spot” Carol says while scratching his head too. There was a moment of silence in the room
“Awkward” Carol says after a minute passes.
“Let me just get the money” Jim says while getting up.
“Yeah you should go do that” Carol says bending his neck to the other side of the tent. And that's how supreme leader of the world, as well as rename the two kingdoms Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorffberg. Oh and Carol well he’s doing fine owd all my successes to him, so I made him owner of the burrito bell franchise. Now it's international with over 50,0000 buildings! They even have two burritos with a purchase of a burritos supreme meal and a large drink on sundays. And since I am Supreme ruler, I get on tuesdays and thursday as well.