Modest Proposal | Teen Ink

Modest Proposal

By Shaefshaef BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan
Shaefshaef BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan

FOR PREVENTING THE ESCALATION AND LONG TERM PERPETUATION OF POLICE BRUTALITY.
It is melancholy object to see people in power abusing it and instead harming people they are sworn to protect. If this problem continues to occur citizens will no longer go to the authorities for help. I think it is agreed by all parties that the life-threatening occurrences need to stop. If someone would go ahead and fix this issue then we could focus on something more important like building a wall for Donald Trump.
I think it is agreed by all parties that the life-threatening occurrence of police brutality is resulting in innocent citizens being killed without reason, by the people who are supposed to protect them.  This year, police have killed at least 896   many of whom were unarmed, mentally ill, and people of color, and the year is not finished [4]. Someone must find a solution to these unnecessary deaths.
But my intention is far from being confined to provide only for the betterment of the citizens themselves, but also the policemen. My solution will put an end to police brutality and put an end to police officers being frightened or scared by an unarmed person.  After this plan is put into place, the world will be one happy place.
As to my own part, I have studied the proposals of other projectors, and concluded that they are not nearly as efficient as they claim to be.  Training and community outreach will lead to confusion and chaos.  But my intention is far from being confined to provide only for the betterment of every citizen in the United States.  Removing the emotional element from routine encounters will cause peace.

I will now present my own idea, which I hope will not be subject to any disagreement.  My solution is to start over with robots who have no feelings and will react the same in every situation.
I humbly offer it to public consideration that humankind is a cohesive and cooperative unit, should understand eliminating human police officers and replacing with robots is in their best interest. In this scenario people will not get killed and nothing could possibly go wrong.
Of course, replacing officers with robots will lead to less unnecessary deaths and injuries to police officers and from police officers.
These drastic and sudden changes will take a long time to develop a robot that will mimic police officers.  This will cost money but that is never an issue when it it comes to taxpayers.  Everyone will jump on board and support this as a useful expense. There will be no more deaths of officers or citizens!
I can think of no valid objection that may be introduced to antagonize this proposal other than the robots could malfunction but this is TOTALLY not likely to happen and so worth the billions of dollars it will take to make it happen.
Again, no one should dare to suggest these notions to me until they have a small spark of hope that these actions may be implemented.
  It is not that I do not respect the input of others on the subject of solutions to this topic, but simply that I have spent every waking moment of my 16 years learning about robots and their lack of care. By now you must be able to see this is the only solution because robot lives don’t matter as much as human lives matter.