Guns gone for Good | Teen Ink

Guns gone for Good

By AndrewThumma BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan
AndrewThumma BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan

FOR PREVENTING THE ESCALATION AND LONG TERM PERPETUATION OF FIREARM RELATED CRIMES

It is a melancholy object to limit and restrict the ownership and possession of firearms and ammunition in the United States. With recent news showing that there was a mass shooting in Orlando, Florida the U.S. government is looking to ban Assault-Style firearms. Banning these weapons could lead to more crime issues in America.

I think it is agreed by all parties that the life-threatening occurrence of regulating the ownership and possession of certain firearms is a very critical topic. It is only going to lead to bigger and worse problems in the future.

But my intention is far from being confined to provide only for the betterment of the U.S. it would lead to the prosperity and growth of all countries in the world. The world would have no weapons and there would be many unique metal statues and sculptures for citizens to purchase which would create an income.

As to my own part, I have studied the proposals of the projectors, and concluded that they are not nearly as efficient as they claim to be. The government “allows private possession of fully automatic weapons is permitted but is subject to federal licensing and registration”(Alpers). This proposal would not work well because criminals are not going to get guns registered. If there are no guns no one would have guns to be kept illegally. Also, According to the author “Private firearms are prohibited in federal facilities, schools, and National Parks unless otherwise permitted”(Alpers). This would definitely stop people who wish to harm other people in these establishments from bringing in firearms.

I will now present my own idea, which i hope will not be subject to any disagreement.

I humbly offer it to public consideration that humankind as a cohesive and cooperative unit, should  All guns would be confiscated by the government and turned into masterful sculptures that would then be resold to the public, rendering the gun useless, but giving previous owners a useful piece.
In this scenario the government will command all citizens to take their guns to local authorities to be collected and documented. These weapons will then be sent to government warehouses to be stored for the artists.

Of course  then the artists hired by the government will bring their own tools to these warehouses. The artists will then utilize these tools to turn these weapons of mass destruction into beautiful works of art. This is Hyperbole because these weapons are not weapons of mass destruction.

These drastic and sudden changes  may cause some citizens to not want to turn in their firearms. However when all of the firearms are turned in we will live in a crimeless society because none shall have the weapons to cause harm to others.

I can think if no valid objection that may be introduced to antagonize this proposal. Some people might say that some people might not turn their firearms into the authorities, but authorities will have all the firearms that they could need at their disposal to acquire these firearms.

Again no one should dare to suggest these notions to me until they have a small spark of hope that these actions may be implemented.

It is not that I do not respect the input of others on the subject of solutions to this topic, but simply that I have researched this topic Personally for 5 days and the only logical solution is to take all firearms from all citizens. If we leave any at all crime rates will stay as high as they are.