Stopping Armageddon | Teen Ink

Stopping Armageddon

By Averihoffman BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
Averihoffman BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado

Stopping Armageddon

In the early winter of 2015 on the busy New York streets there was a woman named Claire Hix. She was unique, had abilities no one else had. She was one person out of about twenty who had special powers. Alongside with Claire was one of the other special persons a guy with the name Anthony Biggs. The two had somewhat of a history with each other meaning they once met in a bar but never got the chance to really talk, never knew about one another's powers. One cold wintery night Claire had stumbled along to the bar Anthony was working at, that night for the two was different they ended up talking a lot. After talking more and more to each other they ended up going on a date, after that one date they went on many more. Learning more about each other they found out about one another's powers. The two were known as the power couple, working together and fighting crime.
Looking to fight crime against a villain in the city of New York, a villain with the name Francis Ajax. Francis was one of those twenty gifted people, he had powers but his powers were much more dangerous to society. He had the power to play mind games towards anyone who comes his way just by looking into their eyes and commanding something. Claire and Francis ended up having a dilemma with each other, Claire has a friend named Mae Hill who ended up running into Francis one afternoon, having this happen triggered something for Claire not only did she want to capture him she wanted to torture him for his crimes. Not only was he commanding random things to people anymore but he was now messing with Claire's friend making her do things she didn't want to do, things such as hurt innocent people, he has gone too far.
Not only did Claire get Anthony's help but she reached out to important people who can help, and she set up a strategy for her plan. Her overall plan was to go out get the location Francis was in surround him with disguised people, now Claire also had a special anastasia from the hospital it was the stuff to knock out people before surgery and she realized if she used that on Francis he won't be able to use his power on anyone. Therefor she had to figure out how to get the anastasia physically in Francis, but she believed she can do it. She thought of first surrounding him them making a move and impaling him with the shot. After she gets that they can all make a quick move and bring him to an old shaft so they can accomplish what they came to do.
It was a Sunday afternoon and the plan was set, everyone was ready to make a move in on Francis. As they looked for Francis they all kept in touch with each other, so they found him and got ready to make a move. Claire had quietly whispered GO in her devise made to talk to the others , the disguised people made a move towards him, now as Francis saw this happening he got confused and scrambled he didn't really know what was happening and suddenly he felt the shot go through his neck. As he looked up he saw Claire and knew what was going on. The people around were shocked as the disguised people were picking him up and taking him to the van, as they got to the van they felt relief inside. Thinking everything was over they had gotten to the old beaten up shack, as they picked up Francis people started running towards them. Claire searched his pockets and had found a tracking device. They struggled to get Francis back but the people just kept tazing them and hurting them at that point there was nothing they could do.
As Claire and Anthony got up they felt useless and sad, they went home and thanked the people for helping out. Then they sat there for a moment and looked at each other thinking things are ok and they can always try again another time. Realizing what the accomplished made them feel better, they knew it was going to be good as long as they had each other.