Making Fusions | Teen Ink

Making Fusions

By giomm BRONZE, Lakeland, Florida
giomm BRONZE, Lakeland, Florida

Eric was a scientist that had a lot of curiosity in the topic of science. He was always in his lab for hours and experimenting. He got different animals and insects and fused them together. Animals and insects such as tigers, giraffes, bears, spiders, and ants. Eric put out a selling stand outside in the city daily, to sell these fusions. He sold them to people for thousands of dollars by shrinking the fusions with a ray gun he created and putting them in jars with holes in them. He was able to make living off of it. Anybody who bought them were fascinated by how they looked because they have never seen anything like it before. Eric’s stand was getting more and more popular. Tons of people were hearing and talking about it. Some criticised him for messing with nature and people said that it was wrong. He didn't care what they said and just ignored them. Some were curious about where he got the animals from for the fusions. People asked him and Eric told them that it was none of their business. Those people went immediately to the police and told them about Eric and what he was selling. They told them where Eric was located and the police went to where the stand was. One of the policeman asked him about where he got the animals as well, but again, Eric said it was none of their business. The police said they were going to have to close down his stand because of not stating where he got the animals from. That scared Eric and he made up where he got them from. Eric said to the police that he got the animals from a friend of his. The police did not believe in his fake story and confiscated all of his fusions. Eric became angry, took his stand down, and went back to his lab. He found out that he still had one animal left and plenty of insects that he could probably share with the whole world. He decided to make at least another fusion and enlarge it, make it go across the city causing chaos to get revenge on the police, and the people who reported him to the police. Eric fused a dog with a mosquito. He made the dog have the mouth and wings of a mosquito. Eric went outside and let the fusion out of the jar. He took out his ray gun, backed away, shot it, and it suddenly enlarged. The fusion was as tall as any of the buildings. It jumped up and buzzed its wings extremely fast in the air like a rocket taking off into space. The fusion was thirsty for blood and tried looking for it by crashing through buildings and shops. Each building yelped with pain every time it got demolished. It crashed into a building full of people working calmly and knocked people right out of the building like a tornado just swept them up. People were screaming and the fusion was sucking the blood out of every person it could get. If it couldn’t get someone’s blood, it used it’s paws to get them. Eric was in an alleyway away from the fusion and enjoying the show. His revenge would soon come to an end when someone eventually contacted the police again. The police had a feeling it was Eric and quickly went to all of the destruction going on. While the fusion was distracted with getting blood, each of the officers took out their guns and started shooting the fusion. The fusion felt the bullets hitting it and tried to buzz away. As it tried buzzing away, Eric tried running away to escape the destruction he caused but wasn’t looking where he was going. The fusion fell on the ground extremely hard on top of Eric like an earthquake was about to happen. After the fusion and destruction was picked and cleaned up, the police investigated in Eric’s lab to see where he actually got the animals. They found a chalk board that showed everything Eric was going to do. They found out that the first thing on the board was for Eric to steal the animals from the zoo. It also said that he snuck into the zoo at night, shrunk the animals, and put them into little jars in a large tray.