Blood Spells Betrayal | Teen Ink

Blood Spells Betrayal

October 12, 2016
By RudedogsPrincess GOLD, Yukon, Oklahoma
RudedogsPrincess GOLD, Yukon, Oklahoma
19 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Become the legend you were born to be."


She was the girl nobody would go after, the kind of girl nobody would go looking for, hunt, kill, or even track. She was considered highly dangerous and always armed. Although she never saw herself as dangerous, if anything she saw herself below everyone else. She did her best is what she liked to call what she did. The world was full of fighting armies, everyone wanted a war and there was no solution except to see who survived. The president fled and nobody's seen him in months. Everyone was in some sort of army, but not her. She refused to be in a group for multiple reasons : She didn't like following the rules, not because she thought he was too good for them or because she just liked being rebellious. She didn't follow rules because the wrong directions killed someone she cared about deeply once. She also didn't feel like she needed any more training, she had taught herself to fight since nobody was there to teach her. She traveled around a lot, mostly on foot. She would make friends or enemies whichever  they preferred and then she would end up leaving. She knew getting connected or attached to people would get her hurt later on. Unfortunately she had already made a connection with a guy called Kolby also known as Hero. Everyone in his army called him Hero, she was the only one who called him by his real name Kolby, but only when she really needed too or in serious situations. Recently she had been sitting by a tree, endless days and endless nights passed as she sat by the tree thinking. Thinking about how she lost Kolby's trust and how he lost hers, betrayal happened both ways, she had never seen his features so tense or his voice so scarce and violent. He vowed to kill her, which surprised everyone. He never swore to kill anyone before and him especially saying it to her and confessing what he had done secretly hurt her more than any literal knife she had taken to the back before. She always swore to herself to never go back to a place she had already been, but she always came back for him. Even if going back to him meant walking for days straight or walking through a blizzard, even if she knew there was a big possibility of someone finding her and killing her she still would go. Given the facts of him hating her and wanting to kill her, and her being filled with hate she still sat outside beside the tree in front of his base , waiting for herself to decide. Either go in and do what she feels is right or walk away and wait for their paths to cross again someday. Either way he was going to be the last thing she saw. Her name was Nyx, she was the only girl Kolby’s army had ever known to stay around. His army was called R.T.L also known as Remember The Legends. He always tried to get her to join his group but she refused to because of rules and training. Although they helped her when she needed it and she was always there when he called. They all knew her name and none of them could beat her. She had a one on one fight with every single one and never lost, and somehow she still felt like a lesser person than them all. Kolby was the only one who had come close to beating her. They tied and agreed they were the best. Everyone feared her but Nyx saw no reason too. She always felt stressed since they were always watching her every move and wanting to be like her. A simple mistake and everyone said they were better than her or that she had lot everything and all skill she once had. She ,may have felt below them, but never stood around to ,listen to them saying she was losing skill, she always proved she was better.She’d always have a good time with them. This conflict started a few weeks ago another girl had shown up and said she wanted to be a part of the R.T.L. Everyone was excited as Nyx sat back and observed. Everyone welcomed her and she began training. Nyx was a bit skeptical of the girl though, as she watched. She had skill that was far above her owns kll level, Nyx was weary of the girl because the only time she had ever seen skill like that was a few months back when she got jumped by a highly professional group. As the girl as training she saw the same tattoo as that group had. Nyx pulled Kolby aside quickly and tried to warn him, but he wouldn't listen he told her that she was just jealous. Nyx tried for months as she studied the girl who she learned was named Stacy. Nyx tried to figure out what Stacy was trying to do, but she couldn't figure it out. Why would a highly professional join a group of people who still have problems understanding orders ? One night when Nyx went outside for her walk she had a bad feeling. She stopped for a moment listening to the silence of the night as the wind quietly whistled along side of her.
    “Who’s out there ? I already heard you just come out !” she yelled. Silence remained so she yelled again. “ You’re not as quiet as you think. To my far right, behind the third bush, next to the old tree. I know you’re there !” she yelled. Then she heard rustling in the bushes. She turned smiling to see Stacy emerging from the bushes.
    “That is impossible, how could you hear me ?”
    “Self trained, I know my own senses better than anyone.” said Nyx. Stacy glared at Nyx and walked up to her.
    “I know you’ve been watching me, I’m sure you’ve already figured out where I came from. Before I came here my informants told me to be weary of you. I know exactly who you are, everyone does. Every State every mind, they all know to be weary of you. So stay out of my way.” stated Stacy.
    “ I can’t let you kill him and you know that.” she said getting in Stacy’s face. Stacy pushed Nyx back hard.
“I know you won't let me, I already have leverage over you in that matter.” said Stacy before she threw a knife at Nyx causing  her to scream as it went into her arm. Stacy then walked over to Nyx and pulled the knife out and walked away. A few hours later after Nyx had bandaged her arm, she walked into the R.T.L’s party room she saw Stacy and Kolby getting extremely close. Nyx sat across the room and ordered a water from the bartender. As she drank it Stacy walked over to her. Nyx glared and turned away from her. Stacy tapped her shoulder.
    “How’s the arm ?”
    “ You know getting stabbed in the arm is exactly as painful as I remembered the last time we met.” said Nyx. Stacy then pulled out a knife. Before Stacy could even think Nyx stabbed Stacy in the side. Stacy screamed out and everyone stopped. The loud music that had been blaring and all the people dancing suddenly stopped.
    “ I hope you know that what I just did hurts less than what I will do later when we don't have an audience” whispered Nyx. Everyone ran over to Stacy. Kolby ran over and pushed Nyx.
    “What did you do ?”
    “Hero, she isn't who you think she is ? She’s a dangerous person and she is going to kill you. “
    “The only dangerous person here is you, Why should I even trust you, you're always armed.”
    “I have to be armed, you never know when people are going to attack you. I’ve been your alliance for years now i'm the only one who's been here for you.”
    “Yeah you’ve totally been there for me, you just stabbed my girlfriend and told me she is dangerous.”
    “She is ! Hero listen to me !”
    “ I love her Nyx and you could have killed her what kind of best friend does that?”
    “She hasn't even been here for three days Hero how could you already be dating her ?”
    “We’ve been dating for a year, this is the first time she came to the base.”
    “She isn't who you think she is Hero.”
    “Nyx get out of here now, and if you ever come back I will kill you myself. Best friends wouldn't sabotage someone's girlfriend because they're jealous of them.” he said before he struck her hard in the face with his hand. Nyx held her face for a moment as her right eye became extremely blurry.
    “Kolb-”
    “Out !”
“We’re best friends.”
“Do you remember the night we went hunting for your brother because he never came back and we couldn’t find him and you spent the whole night crying, We never found him because I killed him earlier that day and buried him were I knew you’d never find him. I never told you because I didn't want to hurt you, but now I see you don't even care at all about me.” he yelled his features hardened and his eyes filling with tears he refused to let fall. His hand clenching his gun aiming at Nyx waiting to pull the trigger. Nyx put her hands up and walked herself out. That’s how she ended up at the tree now she was just thinking, her own brother. He killed her brother all this time she had thought he was missing or died because of the awful weather and her own best friend had killed him. The last family she had was gone. She felt her right eye and winced, her eye was now blurry and she couldn't really see out of it.
“I’m gonna kill that girl even if that means I get killed or hated by everyone, that's just more target practice for me if I survive.” said Nyx as she got up and walked towards the base. As she was walking through the gates of the base people outside stared at her. She knew everyone was notified that she was highly dangerous.
    “They used to scream my name with a victorious tone, but now they whisper it as if i’m a criminal that could snap at any moment.” she thought. She walked into Kolby’s room where she knew he’d be. As she opened the door she saw Kolby kneeling on the floor as Stacy had a gun pointed at his head. She was explaining to him about how bad of a person he is for abandoning his best friend only to be fooled by his own girlfriend. Nyx walked up behind Stacy and pointed her gun at her head.
    “To think I was almost late to this party.” she said smiling. Kolby looked at Nyx almost with a fearful and happy look. As if he was scared but glad at the same time.
    “You know Kolby, I should let Stacy kill you. I shouldn't stop you from getting what you deserve but I don't think you deserve to die like this.” she said looking at Kolby before she pulled the trigger killing Stacy. Kolby let out a sigh of relief.
    “ I want the satisfaction of killing you to myself.” Nyx smirked before she shot Kolby.
The girl nobody would go looking for, blood splattered on her clothes, death on her mind.She was armed and dangerous caring for nothing not even time. She soon found her brothers body brutally mangled, cold and rotting. She carried him to the place they used to call home. The place where they lived till they’d grown. She cried heavily as she buried him alone under the tree where they used to always be . Everyday she’d come to his grave, no matter how far, or dangerous it may be. This was the place where she’d be seen every night, and there she’d sleep.


The author's comments:

The ending is my favorite.