Why Frogs Croak | Teen Ink

Why Frogs Croak

By Hazel.Bozikowski BRONZE, Providence, Rhode Island
Hazel.Bozikowski BRONZE, Providence, Rhode Island

About two million years ago before animals came to be there was this place. This place gave us shelter, food, and creativity. After our civilization was fully developed another civilization started this as called the animal civilization. In the middle of the Kinhoo desert on a beautiful rainy day there were millions of these pods they were filled with animals of every species. There were about five million of them. At one corner there was a frog pod the frog was supposed to be beautiful, the frog was going to be pink and have amazing hair of every color. One day the early humans were  looking for something to eat. When they came across the pods they were stunned they had never seen anything like this in there whole life. One of the humans had a horrible cough. Accidently the human coughed on the frog pod and the sickness got into the frog's DNA. This gave the frog some different traits. Like green skin, warts, and a horrible croaky voice. About two weeks later all the pods hatched every animal had something amazing about them. The deers had antlers, the bunnies were soft, and the birds could fly. The frog hatched and boy it was ugly; it had ugly green skin, a horrible croak, and ugly brown worts. Three years later alexander the frog was playing with his friends when a magical spider came by named spence. Spence saw that the frogs playing in the mud and went up to them and asked “have you guys ever wanted to be pretty.” Alexander said “i know i'm a frog and all but i'm fine with who i am.” Spence said that “ you can be amazing but, you will never be able to do something you love again.” Alexander said “like what?” Spence said “well i don't, know eat flies, play in the mud, or not be able to hop in the mud.” Alexander said “i will give up playing in the mud.” The spider said “okay you have to bite your tongue really hard and hug yourself.” “Another thing if you jump in the mud you will shrivel up and die.” Alexander was ready to take the risk so, he bit his tongue and hugged himself and in three…..two…..one! He was amazing spence had turned him into a strong brown frog with a deep beautiful voice. Alexander had never been so happy he thanked the spider and went on with his life. Two months later alexander’s friends were going jumping in the mud and invited him to come along. Alexander said “i can't jump in the mud but i'll come watch.” Alexander had never seen something so beautiful the mud was a beautiful creamy brown color and it smelled AMAZING! He couldn’t resist it and jumped in! Within three seconds alexander shriveled up and died.

Moral: be happy with who you are

in my english class we are making up myths and i decided to do why frogs croak i hope you enjoy it. Thanks!