Wanna Be Famous | Teen Ink

Wanna Be Famous

By sequaya12902 BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
sequaya12902 BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

The lights were flashing and Mack knew it was game time. This was going to be the biggest game of his life. He looked up and saw that cameras were pointed on him. The field was wet and the air was cold. He could feel the slight drift of wind blowing through his fingers. He repeated to himself “This is what I practiced for” over and over again as his team went and sat down on the bench.
He looked at the large crowd of people and felt as if they were staring right at him, but Mack never could find her when he looked through this roaring crowd. She is what motivated and inspired him for this. But she was nowhere to be found. You couldn't always count on her to be here when it mattered the most Mack said to himself. Mack had five minutes to focus and get his mind on the game at hand, but focusing without her seemed impossible for Mack to accomplish, so he got on his knees and prayed. He prayed to help focus, he prayed to help win, and he prayed she was there with him.
Three minutes before the game an older teammate saw what he was doing and thought to give a little bit of wise words. His teammate said, “Mack don’t worry about anything besides this huge game we have at stake. Keep your head in the game and give it your all.”
By the time his teammate was done he could hear the crowd counting down from ten to one. He could see starters from both teams coming up off the bench to play. Mack wasn't a starter but he knew that he would get the playing time he deserved because of all the hard work and practice he put in. The first quarter of the game commences and six minutes in, the opposing team scores the first points. This upsets the players and the crowd. Put me in.  Put me in.  Mack kept thinking to himself.
They played through the first game quarter and they were still down. Mack still didn't get in but he was very proud of his team's performance during the game. The second quarter  was beginning and Mack still wasn't in the game, so he showed great sportsmanship and supported his team till the end of the first half. His team was still down but this game was not over yet. Both teams exited out of the locker rooms and back on the field to play the last half and third quarter. As the game started he scanned the crowd and still never found her. This disappointed Mack but he was bound to stay focused. The third quarter came to a halt and Macks team was still down in points. This made Mack very furious because he still didn't get into the game to feel the action and tension in the game. The fourth quarter came and Mack finally got his opportunity to play. This was the moment he dreamed and waited for.  As the ball came towards Mack to finish the game he glanced into the crowd and seen her. Then “Boom” darkness filled Mack's eyes and it was all over.