Together | Teen Ink

Together

February 21, 2009
By Francesca Ciervo BRONZE, Holmdel, New Jersey
Francesca Ciervo BRONZE, Holmdel, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Tonight I would the same night mare that I have had since I was little. Sometimes it would go away and be replaced with a nice dream. One that make would make me feel happy when I wake up in the morning. It would come back, though, like it always did.
I would disappear. I wouldn?t be me any more. I would just be someone floating from place to place. I would look at myself in the mirror and see someone who wasn?t me.
Then I would wake up. It would be morning; I would have to go to school that day.
On the bus to school I would see someone that I knew. They would wave and say hi. I would forget that dream. I was me again.
Then they would go there separate way. I was that ghost from that nightmare. The scariest part would be that I can see it actually happening. I could feel myself fading from the picture.
Before that second bell, when every one rushed to their class, I would roam the halls; give hugs to the people that were sick and hi five the passer-bys.
I looked at my friends? and family?s faces. They were all doing something that they didn?t even know that they were doing. They put up with my strange way of being. They strained their ears to listen to our conversations. They listened to me ramble on with what I?m saying (I do that quite frequently). They accept me for, who I?m even if I have many faults.
They are some of the best people I know. Some day when I don?t have that nightmare any more and I?m not worrying about fading away I?ll thank them for putting up with me all those times. We promised each other that we were together, forever. Forever seemed to stretch out passed the horizon, but at least I had someone to share it with.

The author's comments:
"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." -- Bernard Meltzer.