Cowards, and Crossfire | Teen Ink

Cowards, and Crossfire

By RudedogsPrincess GOLD, Yukon, Oklahoma
RudedogsPrincess GOLD, Yukon, Oklahoma

"Become the legend you were born to be."

You can’t seriously be leaving again, are you ?” yelled Symphony throwing the broom onto the floor. Asher paused as he opened the door. He slowly shut it and turned to face her.
“I can't stay here, you know the Grimm Brothers will come here if they track me.” he yelled. There were thousands of bounty hunters who killed people for money. All you had to do was give them a target and price they like. The Brothers Of Grimm were the strongest group of bounty hunters in the world. If they couldn't kill you physically, they'd do it mentally by getting rid of anything you love until they can physically kill you.
“Do you even still love me ?” she asked.  Asher looked to the floor and opened the door back up.
“Asher ! Answer me !” she screamed. Asher walked out of the door not saying a word. He didn't want to answer her question because if he did he would never want to leave. 
A few hours later Symphony decided to clean out some old boxes that Asher never opened since they moved in. As she was going through it she heard a knock at the door.
“Who is it ?” she yelled focused on the box.
“Garrett.”
“Oh, come in !” she yelled not taking her eyes off the box. Garret had been a friend of Symphony’s and Asher's for about ten years, he always came over to check up on them. Garret walked over to where Symphony was going through a book she found in the box. He stood behind her and watched.
“So Symphony where is Asher ?”
“Oh well he left again, those Grimm brothers have been hunting him down lately.”
“I see.” he said  looking around the room. Symphony began to hum as she grabbed another box and began to sort through it.
“Symphony, do you know when he will be coming back ?”
“He should be heading back in a few hours.” said Symphony. Garrett pulled back his coat to reveal his gun. He slowly pulled it out careful not to make any noise. He looked at his watch disapprovingly.
“That’s a shame.” he muttered as he loaded the gun. Symphony heard the click of the gun and froze.
“Garrett ?” she asked with a concerned tone.
“I didn't want it to end like this.” he whispered before he shot her in the back of the head.
A few hours later just as Symphony said Asher came home.
    “Symphony I’m back !” he yelled. No one answered, the house was filled with a bone chilling silence. Asher walked into the living room and saw Symphony. She was laying in a pool of blood. Asher fell to his knees and cried. He spent hours upon hours apologizing to the cold lifeless corpse of his once beloved girlfriend. Bottles upon bottles of beer soon consumed the room in which they used to enjoy their times together. He sat there alone griefing in the silence hoping to be consumed by it as well. Eventually Asher got up and walked into his bedroom. He sat on his bed and pulled out his phone and called Garrett since he was the only person Asher had left.
“Garrett ?”
“Yeah ?”
“It’s me….. Asher.”
“Hey buddy ! What happened you said you were gonna get everyone together like the good old days, but you never called me back.”
    “Well I couldn’t exactly do that.” said Asher as he laid back on his bed.
    “What do you mean ?”
    “ I haven't seen Francine since that party in Texas a couple years ago, The Saber twins overdosed last year, Ally sells herself now, I found Kristy and she has a couple kids, but I haven't had the strength to talk to her since Daniel died, Opie’s still in prison for that murder in 99, Jay’s in prison till 2023, So is Dan but we all know he won't come out of there alive, and Jackson is gone I found him in his truck dead. I really don't think any of us are getting back together.” said Asher as he sighed.
    “Well that's very unfortunate, anyways why did you call me ?”
    “I found Symphony’s body, she’s gone.” said Asher his voice soft and a bit strained trying not to cry all over again.
    “I know.” muttered Garrett. Asher suddenly became alert.
“What ! How could you...wait, please don't tell me you did what I think you did.”
“I need the money Asher, the Grimm Brothers were my only option, I didn't want to put a bullet in Symphony’s head, but I had to do my job.” said Garrett in an almost satisfied tone. Anger filled Asher as he stood up and began to yell into the phone.
“You didn't have to kill her, she had nothing to do with this !”
“This is a war between you and us, but your cowardliness put her in the crossfire so next time don't be such a coward !” yelled Garrett before he hung up the phone.

I got the inspiration for this story from a song and the brothers of grim was always a name I liked, that I have always been wanting to use for a story.