Pancake House Mayhem | Teen Ink

Pancake House Mayhem

By Weston Ward BRONZE, Flowermound, Texas
Weston Ward BRONZE, Flowermound, Texas

It was roughly three in the afternoon, and my mother had just pulled up to the pharmacy. She opened the door, sniffled once, and lazily climbed out of the car. I remember looking through the window, watching my mother sulk across the street and into the store.

I pulled my hands away from the window, and pondered for what seemed like an eternity, but was actually about four or five minutes (I was young, so five minutes was the same as five hours in my mind.) Finally I tried to entertain my self and moved towards the driver's seat.

While climbing over the seats I must have kicked the stick shift into reverse. My mother must have been really sick, because she left the keys in the ignition and the car on. As soon as I sat in that driver' seat I slammed my foot against the peddle until it went through the floor. I looked up through the windshield, and saw that gargantuan parking lot shrink real fast. I panicked, and jostled the steering wheel left, right, then back to the left. My foot felt like a two-hundred pound weight. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't seem to lift my foot up.

I looked at the rear view mirror smelled those sweet smelling pancakes and knew I was in trouble. I just closed my eyes pictured my self driving, and listened to that loud thumping coming from my chest. (Thump-thump, thump-thump) The next thing I herd was a loud crashing sound followed by a series of glass and plates breaking, then' silence.

I woke up in a hospital staring at a bright light. My mother was sitting in a chair facing the side of my bed. She was sobbing, hiding her face with her hand. She looked scared to death. When she noticed I was awake, she took my hand and squeezed it until it started throbbing. Then, in a half angry half sad way she compassionately 'Don't you ever do that again!' If I could go back and change anything I had ever done it would certainly be this tragic incident. I would have made absolutely sure that my mother took here keys into the pharmacy. After that incident I don't know if I would have ever even have gotten up into the driver's seat. Besides the whole incident, I would have made sure my mother got her health back. I never want to see my mother as sick and as sad as I saw her that day.

Well' My mom didn't get that mad and I didn't get in trouble, so maybe I could have driven the car for a bit. If I did though I would put the stick shift in drive. Yea! I defiantly would have done that. Driving around a parking lot at full speeds can be loads of fun.

DAT NEVA HAPPEND