Ms. Marshall | Teen Ink

Ms. Marshall

By Jeremiah1234 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Jeremiah1234 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

I never thought that I would have a bad relationship on the second week of school.

It was the first day of middle school, I was in the 7th grade and I was meeting all of my teachers. When I got to my history class I met…Ms. Marshall. Ms. Marshall was an old black lady who always wore different and weird types of wigs and colorful dresses, one of her wigs even fell off one day and EVERYONE laughed at her. When I first met her she seem kind of nice, I mean REALLY nice, towards all the students in her class including me I actually thought that she was going to be one of my favorite teachers because she was so nice towards me. But all that changed on the second week of school. All of a sudden she acted like she had a really bad attitude towards everyone and that’s when she started giving detention for people for no reason. Someone even got detention for raising their hand, she’ll even send you out if you even ask to go to the bathroom. She even sent me out of class by a hall monitor just because I lost my pencil and I asked for one, the hall monitor gave me a big lecture about pencils and work and stuff. She also started picking favorites as well and gave them candy and better grades in class, If you wasn’t one of her favorites, You’ll be always have bad grades on each and every assignment, Even if you do good she’ll still give it a C or below. I remember that she even yelled at a vice principal, that’s right, a vice principal, she yelled at her because he came in the class and she claims that he was distracting us, it was crazy!

She also called a kid retarded too. He was chatting we someone while she was talking I think and she just started yelling at him. The whole class went quiet as Ms. Marshall yelled at him, Calling him “slow” and “stupid” I was mad that she was calling him that for no reason and told her “You can’t say that to a student, You’re a teacher” she yelled back “This is none of your business, Stay out of it” I didn’t say quiet until one of the kids started yelling back as well and she started writing referrals for them and except me for some reason. I’m telling you, she had to be the worst teacher at that school. Nobody liked her except her favorites.

For about a few months she started not showing up and we had a sub for the whole year. We were happy but we asked the sub why she wasn’t there. The sub said that her mom died or something and she had to go to some state. That was the last time I saw her. Next year I didn’t see her at all. People said that she was finally fired due to all of the complaints from teachers and students.

To this day, I still don’t know why Ms. Marshall was so hostiles towards her students and I kind of still wonder now. I guess she was mad because there was stuff going on with her life that she didn’t tell her students about. Or she was just being mean for no reason but I think she wouldn’t do that. Hopefully I could find out why.