Trickster Tale | Teen Ink

Trickster Tale

May 27, 2016
By Okokmimi BRONZE, Moline, Illinois
Okokmimi BRONZE, Moline, Illinois
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

How The Worm Tricked The Troll.                        

In a far away land, there lived the Troll who was old and messy. He thought he ruled all of the kingdom. The Troll was so loud. He would jump up and down and always get mad. Then one day a little worm couldn’t take it any more. And so the worm went to go and teach he troll a lesson. When the worm tried to talk to the Troll, the troll ignored him. 

When the Worm asked,”Would you like to make a deal?”

The Troll quickly turned around and asked, “Okay, but what kind of deal?”

The Worm responded,”If you be quiet, I will give you anything you want.”

The Troll responded back again, “ Deal.”

Then they went back to their regular lives. But what the troll didn’t know was that the Worm wasn’t any regular worm, he was a “magic” worm. After that deal the troll couldn't speak, or make any noise because the troll had made a promise. The Troll got mad and looked for the worm everywhere. The troll finally found him. He wrote a note asking to take it back.

The Worm simply said,” No, but I can make you a deal.”

Then Worm then ran off. But before he did, he told the troll that if he wanted the spell to be taken off, he would half to follow the map. So the Troll did what the worm said. He followed the path. When he had gotten to the end he found himself in a place full of gold. Then he found the worm again.  The worm had told the Troll that he had to look for a magic mirror.

The Troll did what the worm said again. The troll looked through every pile. He found over three- hundred- seventy mirrors in all of the piles. He had to find the most magical one. The troll got really tired after a while and started to calm down. And then he started to sweat and pass out, then he stopped looking. The Troll told the worm that he was sorry in a note.

Then the Worm took the deal off the troll but gave him another deal. The worm had told the troll that if he was to be quiet ( He could talk though) forever he would get anything he wanted. The Troll shook on it, then they went back to their own lives once again. But what the Troll didn't know is that the Worm wasn't any magic at all. He actually took a spell from and old witch. All the Worm wanted is for the Troll to be quiet, and he got what he wanted. The Troll always kept his secret, and he never was loud again. But yet the worm payed for it too. The witch got what she wanted by making the worm into a bird and making him her slave The moral of this story is to never believe a trickster.


The author's comments:

I care about Alanio Reese, food, and my phone.