the magic fish | Teen Ink

the magic fish

May 26, 2016
By 20hughsab SILVER, Moline, Illinois
20hughsab SILVER, Moline, Illinois
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Chapter one: Meeting Aniya
Way back in a land far far away there was a little girl that loved to fish. her and her father would go out to the pond every summer and enter the swivel valley fishing contest. whoever catches the biggest is named the catch of the season. she never won before. but she didn't care she just was having fun and to her that is all that mattered.
one summer when she turned 8 she was going to a contest and she was having fun but hadn't won. she saw sally pull up a fish that was 4 feet long and she didn't think that she would win. then as she was talking to dad her bober went way under and she  had got a bite. she went to reel it in and it was measured to be a full 4.5 feet she had won the contest. she jumped with joy for she had never won a contest before.
but when she reeled it in she noticed that it started to glow and she didn't know why. she told her dad and he at first didn’t believe her and thought she was crazy. but when he turned his head he saw a charade of colors dancing around the blue tailed bass. he was shocked by how fascinating it was. “Aniya, i think we should keep this a secret.” “why?” “because they might think we are crazy.” they took their trophy and left as fast as they could.
when they went home they looked at the fish they saw it stopped sparkling so they sighed in relief thinking that they were just imagining it. she went to the kitchen with her father and they sat and ate. she didn’t have a mom because technically she was adopted and her adoption mother died of cancer. so it was just her and her dad. she was still heartbroken from what had happened.
even though it happened two years ago. at supper a tear ran down her cheek and just like that her father knew why. he leaned over and gave her a big hug and said that everything would be alright. after dinner her and her father went to bed and she was up almost all night trying to figure out why the fish was glowing. but then she came across an article that was called glowing Antigona and their properties.
she looked at it because she knew Antigona ment fish. she read it and realized that she had a magic fish. she then read on that it would make her every wish come true. she went to the table for breakfast but there were no eggs. so she wished that their were eggs and she got chickens.
she didn't want them so she got and wished the chickens away and then she just ate cereal. got ready for school and when she got to school. she saw her best friend in the whole world. they went to the office to file some paperwork. they do this because they are the smartest students in the school.
they also do this because they want to. Then after that they went to their first class which was science and they did the experiment. which was seeing how particles react when they come in contact with water. She didnt find this experiment very easy maybe she just had the fish in her mind or maybe she just didnt get it.
Either way she wanted to get a good grade. so she copied off of  jenas paper and she got an A+


The author's comments:

it is not done but i hope you like it so far