Phil the Elephant | Teen Ink

Phil the Elephant

By Canadian_Goose SILVER, Goshen, Indiana
Canadian_Goose SILVER, Goshen, Indiana

Once upon a time there lived an elephant named Phil.
Phil lived in Kenya, but he was a little different than the other elephant. He wanted to play the piano. The problem was there wasn’t a piano big enough for him to play.
So one day he said good bye to his friends and left Kenya on a boat to Italy.
But italy was too small for him, so he went on a train and traveled to England.
In England Phil found a wonderful pianist named Philip, naturally they became friends. Philip taught Phil how to play the piano using his trunk. He could only play one note at a time he felt completely happy.
He became world famous, thousands would line up to see him play. Phil the Elephant and Philip the Pianist. Philip would play something beautiful while Phil would play a few notes on his own piano.
After a while his fame got to be too much and he started to miss his friends and family in Kenya.
He took the next train to Italy, where he was recognized and asked why he was leaving. He then took the boat back to Kenya, but he didn’t come alone he brought back a xylophone.
Phil could now play the piano’s cousin in Kenya whenever he wanted. Phil was happy. He was back at home in Kenya surrounded by friends and family and his xylophone.