Einsteinium, the Beginnings | Teen Ink

Einsteinium, the Beginnings

By HavenVinyard SILVER, Hemet, California
HavenVinyard SILVER, Hemet, California

Many, many years ago in a student lab at UC Berkeley, a terrible incident happened to a couple of young, intelligent, careless lab students. While one left to go get their textbooks, the other was mixing elements at random, not paying much attention to what he was doing or how we was doing it, when all of the sudden he stumbled upon something he had never seen before. He had accidentally just made a whole new element. Naturally, he named this element Einsteinium after his idol Albert Einstein. The element was a breathtaking shade of deep blue. It glowed. Lighter blue steamy vapor rose from it. Though the student was a genius, he was unsure what to do. Instead of sealing the bottle, he allowed it to be out in the open while he pondered his quandary. Deep in thought, he didn't even notice when his lab partner entered. A huge gust of wind swept past the Einsteinium, and caused it to blow-up. It turned out that oxygen, reacting with Einsteinium caused it to become unstable, creating a nuclear explosion. Thankfully, the students survived the accident. However, their brains were severely injured causing them to see things reversed altogether. Instead of seeing good as good and bad as bad, they saw good as bad, and bad as good. They now figured that they were helping people, when in actuality they were hurting them. So then everyone saw them as villains when they were trying to be heroes. Therefore they had caused many “accidents” that caused the creations of all the other elemental heroes and villains.