Sports I like | Teen Ink

Sports I like

By Mimisorfina SILVER, Will Yah Persekutuan Putrajaya, Other
Mimisorfina SILVER, Will Yah Persekutuan Putrajaya, Other

Extreme sports, also called action sports and adventurous sport-stand adventurous sports,is a popular term for certain activities perceived as having a high level of inherent danger. These activities often involve speed, height, a high level of physical exertion and highly specialised gear. The examples of famous extreme sports are bungee jumping, hot air ballooning, sky diving, skiing, mountain biking, hiking and water skiing. These sports are very popular among active teenagers these days.

One example of extreme sports is bungee jumping. Bungee jumping is very popular among us today. Bungee jumping is a game where we jump from a tall structure using a long large elastic cord. The tall structure must be a fixed object such as building, bridge, crane and so forth. It will be more possible if the structure is movable. This is because people will get scared if the structure moving. Examples of movable high structure are hot air balloon and helicopter. The next example of extreme sports is mountain biking. Mountain biking is the sport of riding bicycles off-road over the rough terrain. We must use the specially designed mountain bikes if we wanna to mountain biking. Mountain biking can generally be broken down into multiple categories. They are cross country, trail riding, all mountain, down hill, free-ride and dirt jumping. Mountain biking requires strength, balance, bike handling skills and self reliance. Mountain biking can be performed everywhere such as backyard, gravel road, back roads, fire roads or single tracks.

Water skiing is a surface water sport. We will be pulled behind a boat or cable ski installation over a body of water. If we wanna play this sports, we have to search for sufficient area on a smooth stretch of water, 1 or 2 skiers, a tow boat and rope, 3 or 4 people and personal floatation device. If you are skier, I'm sure you have the upper and lower body strength, muscular endurance and a good body balance. In United States, there are 11 million of skiers and 900 tournaments every year. This sports are very good and best. This sports also allowed people of all skill levels and ages. There's is no minimum ages of skiers. The last example is sky diving or more well-known as parachuting. Parachuting is a method of exiting an aircraft and returning to Earth with the aid of gravity. It may involves less or more free-fall. It will be more fun if we play this sports during windy day. Andre-Jacque Garnerinin is the first people that succeed descents using a canvas canopy form a small basket tethered beneath a hot air balloon. While, Leslie Irvin is the first people that jumped free-fall using ripcord-operated deployment in 1919. This technology helped to save the flight-crew from emergency aboard balloons and aircraft in flight. It is also can delivering soldiers to the battlefield.