Her Story | Teen Ink

Her Story

By Bobcats0714 BRONZE, San Marcos, Texas
Bobcats0714 BRONZE, San Marcos, Texas

Prologue
  Liz Hamman is my new name! That senior girl is way gone.Well, I am living happily ever after, I am married and have two kids. A senior in highschool name Kody and a lovely little 1st grader named Jazz.
  Kody and Jazz have their own stories, which they will tell when they are ready. Kody is ready and she wants her voice to be heard. Now, Kody says she has a voice where the whole world can hear her and she will not be put down. All she will do is rise to the top and be the best she can be. I believe she can do it.

Chapter 1:School
  ‘’Beep,Beep,Beep!!!’’ The alarm clock screamed in my ear. I picked up my hand and formed it into a fist and slammed it on the snooze button. I layed in my warm blankets and soft pillows for a couple of minutes and then rolled out of bed. I slowly walked to the closet and pick out a pair of skinny jeans, white high top converse and a red button down flannel shirt it had a little wrinkles on the bottom. I curled my hair and put my black glasses on and looked in the mirror and saw a nerdy looking blond girl.
   My mom walked in and said’’Kody you will be fine.’’ She hugs me warmly and gives me a kiss on the cheek and walks out closing the door behind her. I took one last in the mirror and saw a stain on my shirt at the top. So, I quickly took the flannel shirt off and got my blue one. I ran to the kitchen and got my two pancake , a cup of tea and keys. I sprinted to my truck and turn the ignition and started backing up. I realized i didn’t have my ID so I slammed on the breaks spilling my tea all over my  passenger seat. I whispered’’ Dang it!’’ Finally I got my keys and jumped back into my truck and zoomed to school.
  As soon as I pulled into my parking spot. My best friend ,Jamie, came to and said’’I love your hair! I am happy to see you.’’She gave me a welcoming hug.Jamie has light brown hair and dark brown eyes. We walked in the hallways it was full of people and  it was freezing it felt like ice. Jamie brought me to her boyfriend, Lane. Lane has blond hair blue eyes a major country accent.
  Lane lead us to all our other friends there was no sign of Bradley my best friend and boyfriend. Bradley is very sweet he has brown hair and hazel eyes.He is catcher on baseball team.Lane is 2nd base.After, an hour someone comes up behind me and I turn around and it's Meg my enemy.  She is the most snobbiest person I have ever met.She is just mad because I beat her in softball and she never makes the team. Meg turns to me and says’’ Good luck this year.’’ She tells me that every year and look what happens I am on varsity and she didn’t even make a team. 
   I walk to my science and Bradley is right by the door and he says’’I’ve been looking for you.’’ I simply let out a little laugh. Bradley pulls out a chair for me then he gets one for himself and sits next to me. I asked him’’ What did you do this summer?’’
I see his face and palms get extremely sweaty as if he is hiding something. He finally replied’’Nothing much.’’ Then he turned away. I simply just gave him an ok look.

Chapter 2: The News
   I walked out of science and walk straight go my locker and got my phone. I read a text message from my mom that read’’ Hey bear, can you come home ASAP thanks if you can’t try or I will help you get out of there because I have an emergency  I need to tell you see you soon Love, Mom’’ I wondered what it could be the I thought what could it be then I thought I just need to get home.
   I was in a rush that I ran two stop lights.My mom was standing outside the house with her bags packed everything was out there her furniture from her room and all of her belongings. I pulled in our driveway and ran to her. ‘’ Whats going on?’’ She looked down and then looked at me. ‘’Hun I am leaving this house to go to Chicago and I am taking your little sister.I realized you are old enough to live on your own you a senior in highschool about to go to Stanford. I think you can do it.
      ’’ What about daddy?!’’ She looked at me with tears and said
’’He was shot when they went to attack. The army is trying to revive him right now.
  That’s when it hit me she never cared about me she just wanted my dad’s money so I made a fist swung around and hit her right between the eyes and yelled’’ GET OFF MY PROPERTY AND NEVER COME BACK!!!!’’ She rushed off with Jazz but she didnt want to be with my mom so Jazz tugged and fought then she grabbed mom’s arm and bit her as hard as she could. Then, ran into my arms. She took off in that new car my dad bought her and went down our long driveway.I sat there with Jazz and started to cry she looked at  me and smiled.
  ‘’ Are we gonna be ok?’’she asked
     ‘’Yes, we are gonna be fine I promise.’’
I instantly picked up Jazz,walked her inside and put her in bed. I hated for her to see that but, now she will be protected from are mother and I feel like I can protect her, I will protect her. I got ready for bed and laid down. During, the night I heard a bunch of noises downstairs in the kitchen. So, I walked down the stairs and I saw her the woman I hated that very moment. The person that hurt my family...my mom.I walked slowly to the kitchen counter and ask her ‘’ What are you doing here? Did I not make myself clear?I told you stay away from this house,this land, and this family.’’My face was flushed with red.
    ‘’You listen to me not yourself, this isn’t your house it’s -’’
    ‘’DAD’S!!’’ I cut her off’’ Not yours and not mine DAD’S.’’
She stared at me and slapped me right across my face.
   ‘’ Don’t ever say that again!’’ she said staring me down.
I had no words and I heard a little footstep come up behind me.
  It was Jazz and she didn’t go to me she went straight to my mom.
Tears welded up in my eyes and I ran outside, sat down, and tears ran down my face really fast.I went straight to my truck and decided to go stay in a hotel for night. I didn’t worry about going to school the next day. Bradley blew up my phone with messages because I never miss school.

Chapter 3: The Wake Up Call
  That night, I had multiple nightmares about my mom hurting Jazz. ‘’3:00 a.m’’ The alarm clock read. I still couldn’t get Jazz out of my mind so I went back home to get a few things and to check on her.I saw her lay there peaceful like an angel. I had a bad feeling leaving without telling her bye but I couldn’t.’’Bzzz’’ my phone vibrated. I took a glance and saw that the call  coming from the base where my dad had been placed.I quickly answered ‘’Hello, Hello!!!’’ I repeated.’’ Hey darling hope you are well. I want to say I love you because I don’t know if I will make it through this bullet wound.I love you and will see you soon.’’Then my dad was gone.
    I was afraid of not seeing him but fear won’t strike unless you overcome it. I wasn’t afraid my dad was a strong football player when  he was in highschool. ‘’ My dad had overcame brain cancer and played in the game after recovery he will be fine’’I repeated in my head.
   The next morning I realized how foolish my mother so I decided to have a little discussion with her.I was shaky on the way there.She sat outside in a lime green lawn chair I bought her 3 years ago and I remember she was so happy make me feel horrible about every word I said. ‘’Was that right, What I said? Should have I said those words?’’ I thought over and over.