The boy in the fields. | Teen Ink

The boy in the fields.

February 1, 2016
By KryzTheWriter BRONZE, Parma, Ohio
KryzTheWriter BRONZE, Parma, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Oh it didn't work? Well let's redo and try again from scratch


The paragraphs will be about the main charater dealing with death around him until the age of 30.

Chapter 1: Frederick Felimore

The boy in the fields.

There once was a boy who I’d play with all the time, his name was Frederick Felimore, and we’d hang out all of the time in a tiny unowned field. We’d played tag and our own made up games. Him and I were as close as friends could be, but like any other people we’d argue sometimes and fight. Altogether we were close as peas in a pod. Until one day when he said “It hurts too much, Why can’t I be loved?” and i knew he was talking about his parents and immediately responded with “I...love you..” and he looked away not caring. “It’s not the same… you don’t understand at all.” he told me. Only I really did because my parents left when I was young. After that, he stayed for shorter amounts of time until he didnt even show up anymore. A day after I found out he had committed suicide leaving a note for me saying “Dear friend, I must confess I loved you too, but i didn’t know how to show it.. If you are reading this I’ve taken my own life and left you all alone. I hope you can forgive me for abandoning you like your parents, I won’t be back like you remember me but I’ll be with you forever.. Love, Frederick.” After reading that note I built a tombstone for him at the field and sat there everyday talking to him, and slowly his figure started becoming more visible. We had conversations, we argued, and we fought like old times though I knew he wasn’t really there. People passed by as I sat there calling me “The boy in the fields” though the real person who deserved that title was frederick. He was my friend, my boy in the fields.
 

Chapter Notes:

Only chapter so far. I just started it..

 

Chapter 2: Grandma's cookies Shortly after frederick died my grandma had tried to cheer me up by baking me a plate of cookies almost every night I came home from the field. The cookies were the best things in the world and when it was time for bed she’d tell me of crazy wild stories of cowboys, aliens, and more. She always had the sweetest voice towards me and was the person who cared the most about me. One day she tripped and fell down the stairs breaking multiple bones and she was brought to the hospital where she stayed. While she was there she was diagnosed with brain cancer and was slowly dying. She only had two weeks to live, and she taught me how to make her special cookies and on her last day I baked a dozen cookies for her and I to share. She died on May 15, 2007 at 9:03 p.m. On the next day, I went to the field and made a tombstone and like frederick, her figure slowly appeared and now it was frederick, grandma, and me. People thought I was all alone but with them i’m never alone. Grandma and frederick are the best people I know because they’ve stayed with me even when they left..

 

Chapter 3: Mother’s love.

With my grandmother gone, I was left alone at the her house and the rooms once filled with joy and laughter are filled with sadness and despair. Until one day, my mother came home, she was dressed in fancy clothing and many rings and jewelry. Her hugs were warm and filled with love, and her smile always calms me down. She made me tasty meals,snacks, and new games to play. She always showed me love whenever I needed it or didn’t. She was filled with compassion and love even when father wouldn’t come home. A year went by and we had a blast and she had also believed i could see my dead friend and grandmother. She said that if she were to die she’d want to be with them. Unfortunately that day came so sudden, she was walking home from the store at night and she had been run over and left to die. She died the next morning and I did my ritual for lost ones, I made a tombstone for her at the field. Her figure appeared and she was finally with them like she wanted. I was alone in the human world once again.

 

Chapter 4:Father’s advice

All of my loved ones I knew well were still with me, but no one else could see them but me, at least that’s what I thought until my father showed up and saw me in the fields alone. He came to me and picked me up crying. His body was muscular and rugged. He had looked so unemotional that I surprised to see him cry. When he was done crying he took me home and sat me down and told me “Son, I know I haven’t been here for you but i’m here for you now, i’m sorry for how I abandoned you. I truly am, I don’t expect you to forgive me. Please don’t let the sadness get to you, your happiness drove all those people to live on and keep going..” Two years later, He was murdered by a robber that broke into our house while I was away at the field. I made another tombstone for him remembering his advice. When his figure appeared I gave him a great big smile. The sadness won’t get me down, when I have my family and friends. The field started to get less lonely and filled with joy.

 

Chapter 5:   Brother’s compassion

Shortly after, I found out I had a brother and his name is markus, which no one ever told me about. He showed up one day and he honestly looked like a true gentleman. He was 18 when I met him, he also came with his wife named “Lindsey”. There were very nice to me and they bought me toys and brought me along to their dinner dates. We were so happy together, we couldn’t be sad over anything, or so I thought. I found him in his room crying on day saying “I’m sorry. Please come back.” over and over again. I later learned his wife who was a secretary for some rich person was murdered by a robber, the same one who killed my father. The police found out that the robber had escaped the country. One day after school, I came home and found my brother slumped with bloodstains on the wall and a gun in his hand. He had committed suicide because he had lost his wife. He left a note saying “ Dear little bro, I’m sincerely sorry if you found this note and saw my body, I’m sorry for leaving you alone again. I hope to see you some time in the future, but don’t forget that all of us… truly loved you. See ya soon little bro! Love Big brother Markus.” After reading the note I called the cops and they took his body and cleaned the house up best they could do, and I went to the field and made two tombstones and brother and his wife’s figure appeared. This field of mine, is slowly turning into a graveyard.. my graveyard...


The author's comments:

It hits home a lot because of my personal experiences