Baby Bridge | Teen Ink

Baby Bridge

By Jessica Curry BRONZE, Pomona, Kansas
Jessica Curry BRONZE, Pomona, Kansas

Somewhere in Georgia back in the 1800's a deprived farmer named Aakarshan Baback and his wife named Cable Baback were expecting their 5th child. Aakarshan knew that he and Cable could not provide for this child since crops had been bad that year and he could hardly feed his family of six.

When Cable went into labor Aakarshan called for Dr. Dacey. Unknown to Cable, Aakarshan and Dr. Dacey had previously made arrangements to get rid of the baby. Their plan was to take the baby from the room instantly after the delivery and tell Cable that the baby died during birth.

When Dr. Dacey left the farmhouse that night he took the baby to a close by bridge and dropped him over the side. Cable by no means found out about what Aakarshan and Dr. Dacey had done.
It is said that on a clear night during a full moon you drive you car to 'Baby Bridge' and park it in the center at the bridge's highest point. Get out of your car and sprinkle baby powder in a ring around your car. Then get back in your vehicle and turn the engine and the lights off for 10 minutes. You will hear the soft noise of a baby crying. When you get out of your car there will be a baby footstep in the circle of powder.

Cheyenne Miller BRONZE, Pomona, Kansas
very cryptiv...but i love it! Nice job Jess!