The Adventure | Teen Ink

The Adventure

By dragonthing009 SILVER, Miramar, Florida
dragonthing009 SILVER, Miramar, Florida

Once upon a time, there was a child named Billy who was walking in a forest and happened to pass by the remains of a cottage that was rumored to curse anyone who took anything from it; but the boy was not aware of this rumor due to the fact that he was a prince who was in a castle most of the time and therefore was never exposed to the people of the kingdom who were the ones who spread the rumor. Billy was a very curious boy. He started picking through the rubble and found a small box in the rubble which contained a golden locket with complex designs on its outside and an inside that was still intact.

Billy then started to make his way home when he started to feel dizzy and fell unconscious.

When he woke up he found himself in a small cage of some sort that was made out what seemed like massive twigs and surrounded by grass 3 times as tall as him. Billy tried to escape the cage only to fail time after time. Soon another small person just like him came into his view and seemed to be headed towards him. When the person reached his cage, he introduced himself, “Hello, my name is Bob. What is yours?” Billy told Bob his name. “I’m assuming you took something from the cottage, right?” asked Bob. “Yes. Why?” replied Billy. “Because whoever takes something from the cottage is cursed and shrinks. The only way I know of to undo the curse is to return what you took back to the cottage. It may not seem that difficult, but it is considering our size and how long it would take to get there.” Bob then let Billy out of the cage. Bob then explained the obstacles that are in their path to the cottage like a stream or the bugs.

Then they set off to go the cottage when they encountered a stream which was like a river to them. They thought long and hard about how to get across. Finally, Billy suggested trying to build a raft that could withstand the stream. After building the raft, they carefully placed it in the raging water. It stayed afloat for some time while they were preparing a rope out of the grass to prevent the raft from being swept away. When they got on the boat, the rope gave way and the raft went with the stream away from the cottage. Just before the cottage went out of sight, a twig caught the raft and they got off the raft. From there they had a lot of walking to do because of how far the raft had carried them. “I know! Why don’t we climb a tree and parachute down from it to the cottage?” exclaimed Billy. “Why not?” replied Bob. From there on the two of them climbed a tree over the course of 2 days and took 2 leaves as parachutes. On their fourth day of traveling, they both jumped and glided to the base of the cottage. Then both Billy and Bob placed the items they took at the base of the cottage and soon lost consciousness. When they woke up they found themselves normal sized. They then returned to their kingdom and lived happily ever after.