Just Another Day | Teen Ink

Just Another Day

By SnowflakeStar GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
SnowflakeStar GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

"Okay Kairi, I'll meet you there," Krystal cheerfully said into her phone as she continued toward their favorite sushi restuarant on a warm spring day. It was a quaint place with a traditional Japanese style and a soothing atmosphere filled with the scent of green tea. Her waist length brown hair swayed back and forth brushing her pink t-shirt and black leggings as she skipped lightly down the street.

When she finally got there, a waitress greeted her at the door and sat her at the last table on the right side at the back of the restuarant where the only empty table was. When she had placed both her and Kairi's orders she proceeded to take out her phone and listen to pop music with her headphones on as she continued to wait for her friend. She had begun humming to the tune to her favorite song when she was interrupted with a loud "crash!" Startled, she took off her headphones, jumped out of her seat, and raced to the front of the shop to see what had happened. The people in the restuarant seemed to have realized what was going on and pretty soon, every customer was worriedly crowded around the shattered glass window while the employees tried to push them back. Suddenly, a mysterious man clothed in black climbed in through the window holding a large, black bag that seemed to be moving, no struggling.

"Nobody move!" the masked stranger dryly yelled as he scanned his surroundings for any sight of movement. he reached into his pocket and took out a sharp, glistening silver switchblade.

"Get out all the money you have,now!" he hollered as he pointed over at the cash register.

"Hurry up, I don't have all day!" he screamed again but still obody moved a muscle.

"Fine we'll have to dothis the hard way," he snickered as he used the knife to slice open the top of the sack. This revealed a mop of messy shoulder length black hair. For some reason, she looks oddly familiar, Krystal thought to herself. He lifted he rout of the sack and it was clear that she was wearing a sparkling white shirt and brilliant blue denim jeans.

"KAIRI!" Krystal wailed as she saw the state her friend was in, her eyes were puffy, red, and filled with tears as she desperately tried to scream for help despite the duct tape that had been put on her mouth. The spectators in the restuarant gasped and froze in place at the sight unfolding before their eyes.

"Time's ticking," the man said wickedly as he began to diagonally make a cut on Kairi's face with his knife. As he blood dripped, it was starting to stain her sparkling white shirt a deep, brick red.