Three Lonely Children | Teen Ink

Three Lonely Children

By 6hinzey SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin
6hinzey SILVER, Hartland, Wisconsin

They are the only ones who love me. I am the only one who loves them. Three lonely children with calming voices and joyful hearts like mine. Three who will hopefully always stay here. Three beautiful underlooked children found in the city. From my window, pedestrians look past them, but at dusk I take them in with open arms.
        Their braveness is clear. They try living fearlessly in the streets. They’ve walked up and they’ve walked down and have fallen on the ground underneath their worn down shoes and stared at the stars with sparkling eyes and never ending hope. This is how they live.
        Let one remember his purpose for happiness, they’d all carry smiles around, each with a parent's love consuming each other. Life, life, life they say when I complain. They don’t understand.
When I am too scared and too lonely to keep watching, when I am one girl among millions of people, then it is I look at the children. When there is kindness left in this city. Three who smiled despite no “family”. Three who are brave and don’t ever forget to be brave. Three whose only reason is to be brave and be happy.