Bad End | Teen Ink

Bad End

By LostInNoise BRONZE, Compton, California
LostInNoise BRONZE, Compton, California

When Aderyn first woke up, she felt cold steel pressed against her back. Had she not been so out of it, she would have wondered where her shirt went. Her arms were shackled down, making her unable to move her wings. Her legs had been similarly shackled down, rendering her immobile. She could feel panic rise within her as the situation began to set in. She was in an unfamiliar place, and was unable to move. She began to struggle, thrashing as much as she could.

“I wouldn’t bother, sweetie. All your gonna do is hurt yourself.” A voice purred, making Aderyn stop.

Straining her neck, she could see a man of average height. He wore surgical garb, making only his eyes visible. His gaze unnerved Aderyn, chilling her to the bone. He look at her as though she was an object, and it scared her. The man slowly made his way over to Aderyn, which made her resume her struggling.

“Now,now,” he cooed,” we don’t wanna damaged your precious wings now.” He stroked the feathers of her wings,making the appendage twitch.

“D-don’t touch me!” Aderyn shrieked, struggling against her restraints.

The man ignored her seemingly lost in his own world.

“Do you know how rare you are? These wings are worth so much.” He purred, suddenly walking away.

Aderyn thought she had some time to relax, but the man soon came back pushing a cart. Various knives and saws covered the cart, all haphazardly placed. When the man picked up what looked to be a bonesaw, Aderyn knew what was going to happen.

“Oh gods, no! Please! Don’t do this!”She screeched as the man got closer.

When the blade first met her skin of her bicep, her mind numbed. When the blade started moving however, pain overtook her senses. She felt blood rush out of her arm as the saw ripped through her flesh. The pain became unbearable when the man started sawing through bone. Aderyn’s mind blanked as she began thrashing, though it had little effect as she was still strapped down. As she felt the sawing come to an end, her body relaxed. She was covered in sweat, and the nub where her arm used to be stung and bled.

“One down.~” The man sang, lifting the newly severed wing into the air.

Seeing her severed wing in the air made Aderyn nauseous, and she quickly turned her head to the side to vomit. Hot bile rushed from her throat, spilling from her mouth and covering the table.It soaked into her hair and mixed with her blood, pooling at her side. She felt too weak to struggle as the man walked to her other side. After that, everything became a blur.

An idea paired with a picture.