Rosie And The Boy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The boy walked outside. All of the pretty girls looked up, but he walked right by them to the one in the back. He stood and admired the redness of her bright face and hair and how green her gown was.

"Rosie, I've decided to take you home to Mother," the Boy said.

Rosie ignored him.

"You'll look great in our house. You can have the kitchen to yourself. Mother doesn't mind," he continued.

Rosie turned to think. "No way, buddy," she said and turned back.

"Rosie, you are so privileged to have me pick you out of all the others!" he exclaimed. Still keeping her face to the sun, she said, "I doubt the girls would be very happy in your kitchen."

"But Rosie," the Boy said, tears welling up in his eyes. "I want Mommy to be happy, and she needs someone like you!"

Rosie just sat.

"Rosie, you're so pretty! Come inside and live with us so I can admire you like this every day," the Boy said. "You'll be fed the best food ever!"

"I'm very particular about my diet," Rosie said.

The Boy thought for a moment, then said,"You can live with us all winter, and then you can come back."

Rosie seemed to think for a bit, then said, "All right."

The Boy jumped up and down, smiling. Then he picked her up from the bed, brought her inside, and dropped her into a vase on the kitchen table. 1

theartgeek97 said...
This is such a cute story, and so unexpected! LOVE IT.

IamtheStargirl said...
I love the ending, I never saw it coming.