The Girl With The Pink Glasses | Teen Ink

The Girl With The Pink Glasses

December 5, 2015
By SarahBlum BRONZE, Roseburg, Oregon
SarahBlum BRONZE, Roseburg, Oregon
2 articles 0 photos 9 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic." ~J.K. Rowling


September 26, 2115

My name is Jessica Pearson. But most people just call me Jessie. Today is my birthday! I am eleven years old! I'm writing this in the new diary that my friend got for me!

I invited all of my best friends over for my party. They all got me really cool presents. Maddy got me a baby doll that acts just like a real baby. Tom got me a pair of hover boots. (That way I could stop borrowing his all the time.) And of course Natalie gave me this diary. It will only open if I use my fingerprint on the scanner! That way my pesky little brother can't get into it anymore.

But my favorite present of all has to be the Fantasy Glasses that my parents got me. I've been begging for them ever since they came out two months ago.

Mine is just a prototype, but they still work really well. They're these pink glasses with purple swirls on the side. They're so cute! I'd wear them all the time if I could. But that would get really hard. You see, the Fantasy Glasses aren't just regular glasses. When you put them on, they make everything look different! They make the world exactly what you want it to be like!

As soon as I put them on for the first time, my bedroom turned entirely pink! And I had a pet unicorn living in my closet! Isn't that the neatest thing?

September 29, 2115

Dear Diary,
My little brother Bobby was being annoying today. He wouldn't stop poking me, even after I told him not to. But then I put on my Fantasy Glasses, and it was like he was never there! Once I took them off, Bobby said he was yelling at me the whole time too, but I couldn't even hear him at all. Isn't that cool? I love these glasses. I think I'll wear them more often.

September 30, 2115

Dear Diary,
My grandma came to visit us today. She gave me a late birthday present, and said she was sorry for not making it to my party. I'm not sure I like her present. It's just an ugly orange sweater. Definitely not as good as my Fantasy Glasses. But when I looked at it through the glasses, it was way cuter! The sweater was pink instead of orange. That made all the difference, I think. Sure it didn't actually turn pink, but I can just imagine it being pink when my mom forces me to wear it.

October 7, 2115

School has been so boring lately. All my teachers talk about is...learning. I tried to tell my history teacher Mrs. Fitz that I don't care about World War III, but then she just gave me detention. And Mr. Brown keeps making me do simple multiplication over and over!

I started wearing my Fantasy Glasses during class. That way I can have fun during class instead of being bored the whole time. And the teachers don't even realize! It's the best idea ever. Much better idea than school.

October 15, 2115

Dear Diary,
My dumb teachers found out about my Fantasy Glasses, and then they called my parents. I got grounded from using any of my birthday presents for a whole week. That's not fair! It's not my fault that  they teach such boring classes. Well anyway, I have them back now. I put on the Fantasy Glasses as soon as my mom handed them back. I felt kind of bad because when I put them on, she disappeared immediately. But don't worry, as soon as I realized she came back. I wouldn't want to wish my mom away forever. Only when she takes my Fantasy Glasses away.

October 17, 2115

Halloween is coming up soon, and my mom asked what I wanted to dress up as. I haven't decided yet. I tried using my Fantasy Glasses to find out what I want, but I guess it only works if I KNOW what I want. I've been looking through some magazines and I've narrowed it down to either a butterfly, unicorn, or a fairy.

October 30, 2115

I decided today that I don't want to go Trick or Treating after all. My parents are upset because my unicorn costume was expensive. But I don't care. If they won't let me wear my Fantasy Glasses when I go Trick or Treating, then why go? How am I supposed to be okay with the dentist next door who gives me apple slices instead of candy every year without the glasses? And I've always been afraid of the dark. With the Fantasy Glasses I can make it daytime. So I'm not going. I will stay home and eat my brother's candy when he isn't looking. And I'll wear my Fantasy Glasses.

November 10, 2115

I got suspended from school today. Some jerk tried to take my glasses, and I got so mad I punched his nose. I'm not sure if it's broken or not, but there was some blood on my hand. My parents are mad at me and sent me to my room. But I don't care. I get to stay home from stupid school tomorrow and use my fantasy glasses.

November 20, 2115

My grandmother died yesterday. I don't know why. The doctors weren't very good at explaining it to me. It made my head hurt when they tried. Too many big words. I've never needed these glasses more. So of course that means my mom tried to take them away from me. She actually ripped them off my face and said a potty word before yelling at me for being 'insensitive'. I tried to explain why I needed them. She doesn't understand. I cried until she gave them back.

December 1, 2115

My mom has been gone a lot lately. I don't know where she goes. She's not home when I get back from stupid school to make me a Snack like she usually does. Daddy says that she's visiting a friend. I don't believe him. But thats okay. She always seems upset when I use the fantasy glasses. I usually wish her out of the picture so I don't have to see her cRy.

December 19th, 2115

Daddy asked what I wanted for Christmas today. I told him I didn't want any thing. I have every thing I could ever need, after all. The Fantasy glasses gives me everything. He didn't like my answeR for some reason. It would make me happy if i didn't have to spend eXtra money.

December 31, 2115

mom came Back for Christmas but left again today. It's weIrd. daddy got me preSents even though I didn't want them. A booK, a paint set, and a doll. TodaY'S trash day so I through them out.

January 15, 2116

my friend tommy didn't invite me to his birth day par tie. i guess that means he isnt my friend any more. ttthat is okay. the Fantasy Glasses are my friends now. i dont need any one else.

February ?, 211(?)

it is getting harder to keep track of the days now. i think that is because daddy isnt forcing me to go to dumb school any more. im glad he isnt. i dont need school.

March 1, 2116

Daddy took my Fantasy Glasses away. He won't give them back. But I think I know where they're hidden. When he is asleep I am going to get them back.

???

dady isnt happy with me but i dont care becuz i got my Fantasy Glasses on and in my mind he iz happy

March 17, 2116

mommy is visiting for the day its been a long time but she will be going back to her friends house soon. daddy took my Fantasy Glasses away again so that i could visit with her easier

???

i have a fever but barely notice it becuz of the Fantasy Glasses they have me being not sick and play ing with my unicorn

June, i think, 21, 2116

mommy is dead. daddy took me to her friends house. it was scary there. big white building with big electric fences. mommy had a lot of friends. each one had their own room. but she was floating. just floating a couple inches above the ground. not floating, i guess. her neck was attached to a white cloth. it was scary. daddy blamed me. he said she was sad because of what a bad daughter i had been. like i killed mommy. but i didnt and thats not fair.

???

moMmmy and graNdma came 2 Visit me today im glad becuz i dont see theM much any more

???

i like HOw ever e thing is sO prettie anD pink

???

i havent seen daddy in a while. i wonder wear He went. i havent seen  bobbbby either. oh welL.


The author's comments:

This is in a way an allusion to drugs or tobacco and the effect they have. At first it isn't a huge deal, but soon you get addicted and it effects you and the people around you.