Awake | Teen Ink

Awake

By wantingtoseebones BRONZE, Vineland, New Jersey
wantingtoseebones BRONZE, Vineland, New Jersey

Tara stared at the ceiling as she laid in bed and subconsciously rubbed her arms to warm herself up. She laid there with all the blankets thrown off even though it was the dead of winter and shivered as she became aware of how cold it really was. Tara rlled over and looked at herphoneto check the time. 2:24am. she groaned with annoyance in her throat. She knew she needed to sleep because midterms were tomorrow, but the thought of him kept her awake.

He never paid much attention to her but god, did Tara pay attention to him. His chocolate brown hair that alway had a I-rolled-out-of-bed look. Only he could pull it off. His bright green eyes mesmorized you and could distract you from anything.His toned body was covered in his tanne skin no matter the time of year. She quickly grabbed he phone to look through his Instagram for the thrid time that night. The two had never dated or even "talked" but they had flirted often. And even though she had not seen him in months he crossed her mind every night.

She missed him like you miss air when you hold your breath under water. As she scrolled through his social media profile the memories flooded through her mind. He has pictures of him at prom, NHS induction, and dinner banquets at yur high school. PIctures of him playing baseball, standing against his new car and holding a trophy at a music competition. Tara inhaled sharply as she choked on tears desperate to fall down her face.

"I am stronger then my feelings for him" she whispered to no one but herself. She squeezed hereyes shut and hoped she would just die. The drastic thought startled her. She had never really considered wishing her death upon herself.

She quicky hoped out of bed and grabbed a pair of sweatpants, and jacket and some boots. She walked over to the only window in her room and stepped out. She walked around the back of her house and climed up the only story building and sat on the roof. She leaned back and looked up at the crystal clear winter sky. She gently closed her eyes and breathed softly as she layed there. she opened her eyes to se her breath forming small white clouds, she glanced back up at the stars.

She spoke quietly but clearly, "I wish i was dead. Please dont let me wake up in the morning. Please," she begged up at the sky. She started to cry but it quickly evolved into sofly sobbing to herself.

Once she calmed down she climed back down the roof and walked back to her bedroom window, which she had left open so her room was quit cold by now. she trew her shoes and coat offand fell backwards onto her bed. She laided there a minute and as she breathed she could see little white clouds, giving her the signal that she was still alive. Tara readjusted herself and pulled the covers up over herself.

"Please," she whispered one last time before finally drifting off to sleep. 

I wrote this because this is what happens to me every night, except I live in a two storyhouse and cant get to the roof. Just know that your not alone.