Black Cinderella | Teen Ink

Black Cinderella

By TheBlackPoet567 GOLD, IN, Indiana
TheBlackPoet567 GOLD, IN, Indiana

Life is a struggle requiring optimism and confidence

Ever since I was born I have been alone. On my own and slowly the world has grown and I am left on my own. Feels like I have been through anything and everything, not a soul that I can claim as my own. The skies mock me and the rain matched my swelling moods of depression and agony. Though there were good days in my depicting childhood, but not many. I tell my mother that I love her every night though her actions still condemn my well being and leave a scar on my heart, a heart that is about to break in pieces soon.
Many times has a gun be held against my heart to damage my mind, many times I wanted to give up but then I meet a young woman who is has stolen my soul and made it pure.
There she is the girl that has changed me, the only person who believes in me and the admires the flaws that make me the person I am. I can only be me and I admire the beauty that she lets me hold every night and kiss tenderly. Her name shall not be told but, the beauty that bestolds in her skin and round cheeks shall ever be in my young but warrior mind. Her voice the ever so sweet melody to my ears and her smile that lights up the darkness in my world.
She is thy own annabelle lee, my black cinderella that has to leave my side at midnight because, responsibility calls her name. Though her hair is not long as rapunzel's, it’s still flows with elegance and is darker than a raven’s wing. Her vanilla scent permeating the air and I inhale such gentle splendor of affection. Her hand traces the scars on my arm that label my past. Her eyes looking through my soul and skin glowing, like an angel.
I gently grab her chin and bring her closer, gently touches my lips against hers and then tongues interlocked creating a passionate kiss.
“I love you.” I whispered.

“I love you too.” She whispered back, laying on my chest and resting her hand upon my own.
Just two souls enjoying the other, after days of not seeing each other. Her constant smiling and blushing that brings a grin upon my lips as I stare at her.

“Why do you look at me like that, as if you’re in love?” She asked.

“Because I am in love.  I am in love with you.”

Another kiss was shared and a warm embrace that steady keeps a smile on her face. I am not just a lover but a protector. I protect her from those who dare to hurt her or make tears drip from her brown eyes and travel down her round blushed cheeks. I caress her to keep her warm and admire the curves and round edges that shapes her body frame. To others she is not perfect but to me she is just right. When she walks her head is held high and her hips sway from side to side, like a boat in the blue waters.
Then when the sun goes down, it is time for me to go. I see the frown on her face and then depression becomes of her. I engulf her with my arms and tell her I love her once more.
“I don’t want to leave but I have to sweetheart.”
I say still with my arms wrapped around her. Then once I leave her arms and sweet kisses it’s back to the stressful nights and pounding headaches. The screams between family members as if they were rivals, like the crips and bloods; red versus blue.  Yet the red will be from my bleeding heart and the blue from someone’s dying viens. Though it seems like I have no one to turn to, entrapped in the corners of the hood that tries to take my life and soul with it. I try to stay positive but it's hard considering the blows that life throws at me and then my mind suffers from the aftermath of this continuous trilogy. Then there is her, my black cinderella maybe even my wife to be. A woman that has turned my nightmares into peaceful dreams.  Though age is a concern, two years apart and the future is slowly crawling near. She helps me defeat these demons and the spiteful venom that tries to take hold of my body. She looks into my eyes and sees truth and not the lies of others that tries to bring this relationship to its knees.
We are like animals in the jungle trying to survive. Our love and strength giving us advantage towards mankind and its greedy hands that thirst for both money and blood. Still she stands by my side and I am grateful for such faith and constant love that has me believing that not everyone is the same. Yet there are some flaws in this generation that we have grew up in, we still continue to live our lives me and my black Cinderella.