Everything But Normal | Teen Ink

Everything But Normal

By IndustrialRevolution BRONZE, Paris, Tennessee
IndustrialRevolution BRONZE, Paris, Tennessee

"Sometimes it is nothing more than gritting your teeth through the pain, and the work of every day, the slow walk toward a better life. That is the sort of bravery I must have now." ~Tobias Eaton

The woman tossed her keys into her Hummer that sat parked by the building she had just came out of. It had been a long day, and she couldn't wait to go home and sleep the rest of the night off comfortably. Too bad she had to get back up in about six hours, or she would never get back up again. "Welp, as a wise man once told me, "When you go through tough times in your life, just stay mad...". The woman would smile at the thought of her grandfather, still young and kind-hearted, but not afraid to speak his mind. Whistling, she'd step into the Hummer, shutting the door carefully, she just but the thing, wasn't about to mess the sealings up on the doors... besides, it isn't a tank, you don't have to slam them. Putting the Hummer into the right gear, she'd start to slowly move the SUV forward, getting herself lost in the sound of the engine and her song on the radio. It was weird. Just a couple of years ago she could remember her mom driving her everywhere, then she got her driver's license and now she was officially an adult. When she was a kid, she always said the same thing: "I don't know why these adults moan and groan about wanting to be young, and that life goes by fast. Because at the rate I'm aging, I'll be dying of boredom before old age." Laughing at herself, she'd scratch her scalp, her short pixie-cut hair blowing against her forehead from the air blasting from the vents. In her own world, she started to sing the lyrics of her song. Driving down the highway, still in her thoughts, she didn't get to sing the last lyric of her song. All she saw were lights from her left, before the semi plowed into her at seventy mph. 

Groggy and aching, her mind swiming with thoughts and pain, she'd tried to peice together the few seconds she remembered anything, all she had remembered was the soung of a very large engine, and the ear-killing sound of metal against metal. Peering at the cracked and terribly shattered window to her left, she'd see a shadow. Broad-shouldered and thick muscled and she knew it was a man. But as she looked at him, she began to realize something, she sensed something, as if she could read the hostility and... confusion? And why wasn't he hurt? From the way he was standing, he was perfectly fine. Her eyes widened as she realized he was shirtless, but it was hard to tell through the cracked glass if those were tattoos moving around his body, or coiling snakes slithering around him in swirls. If anything, he was dangerous... and everything but normal.

Why not? I've never written anything something like this. Thought I would try anyway, tell me how you like it!

on Sep. 21 2015 at 9:57 am
WeCouldLiveLikeJackAndSally BRONZE, McKenzie, Tennessee

"It's not about how many breaths you take, it's about how many moments take your breath away."

LOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!

on Sep. 21 2015 at 9:56 am

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS