Bob the Frizard | Teen Ink

Bob the Frizard

July 2, 2015
By LittleGirlKid GOLD, Sugar Hill, Georgia
LittleGirlKid GOLD, Sugar Hill, Georgia
15 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"You are unique, just like everybody else." - Unknown

"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do and liking how you do it" - Maya Angelou


There was once a lizard named Bob. He wasn't just any lizard. He was a frizard, a fruit-lizard. A not so rare, yet somewhat new, species of lizard. Frizards are known for eating a lot of fruit and for their small size. Their favorite food was fruit and they loved to dig in the dirt. However, not Bob. Bob's favorite food was vegetables and he enjoyed trying to climb plants even though he was a creature made to crawl, not climb. Everyone called him a freak and an alien for being so peculiar. He tried to change himself to be like all the others of his kind, but it was impossible. He was who he was and he began to think that he could never change. Instead of praising himself for not being a boring copy, he hated himself for not fitting in. His internal conflict led to a depression of not eating or leaving his little hole in the dirt, which almost lead him to death. But no, don't be sad. He didn’t die. Bob continued to fight his battle until one day, one special day, he met someone. Another Frizard whom he had never seen before. Her name was Billy. Together they were Billy Bob and she gave him the praise he was never able to give himself. And they lived happily ever after. The end. 


The author's comments:

This was just some random, silly, short story that came to mind at around 1:10am. Enjoy