For You I'd Say Anything | Teen Ink

For You I'd Say Anything

May 23, 2015
By random_nobody SILVER, Minneapolis, Minnesota
random_nobody SILVER, Minneapolis, Minnesota
9 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
Opinions and fish.- Possessing opinions is like possessing fish, assuming one has a fishpond. One has to go fishing and needs some luck-then one has one’s own fish, one’s own opinions. I am speaking of live opinions, of live fish. Others are satisfied if they own a cabinet of fossils-and in their hands, “convictions.”


Forcefully I pushed my head into the damp rock. The pain made me feel real, still alive. The slimy rock felt cool on the back of my head. At this point in the day (the time I try to bust my head open) I used to look up, trying to glimpse the light, but I’ve given up. Being trapped in this abyss, alone, cold, hungry, the only things to keep me company are the memories trapped within my head along with the pain that landed me here, is the worst sort of torture. Just being with my thoughts, is too much. The memories of what I’ve done, is slowly killing me. For years now, I have been down here. At first it was surreal and  my screams used echoed off the walls, and I heard only my own sorry voice. “For you I’d say anything,” I mumbled. It was the last thing I told her, I looked her in eyes, and I gave her those words. Those were the last things I ever said to anyone. I gave up long ago on trying to escape, there is no way out of my prison. The loneliness is what gets me, but my memories make it to where I can’t sleep, can’t move, I become a vegetable, trapped within myself, while being trapped at the bottom of a void. “For you I’d say anything.” I said again, this time louder. My eyes were shut, the cool water dripped onto my head, rinsing the blood away. It was just a small trickle of water, but it was more alive than myself. I haven’t moved from this position in years. “For you I’d say anything,” I said once more, this time more forcefully. My eyes were closed, there was nothing to see, no light to see the nothing with. A small bug crawled over my face, and I sat dead still. It probably thought I was dead anyway, after all, I did have moss and other small plants growing over me. For eternity I would sit in this spot, torturing myself, wishing to turn back time, to fix my mistakes. ”For you I’d say anything!” I screamed, the thunderous noise echoed once more off the walls of the damp, mossy rock. Small pebbles crumbled down onto my face, it had been long since my head had moved. Again and again I repeated the phrase. And once my voice started to die out, and my body shook with sobs, I wailed it one last time, “For you I’d say anything!” All around me the walls began to cave in. Giant rocks smashed into the small area around me. They crushed my legs and chest. The pain racked my body, encouraging me to scream louder. I prefered the physical pain rather than the emotional and mental pain I put myself through every day. With all the irony and luck in the world, rocks had fallen in on me, yet they left a space for my head, no bigger than two square feet. I tried to open my eyes, but the moss held them tightly shut. I began to laugh, a quiet yet thunderous laughter. It filled my body with pain, but the pain only made me laugh more. It was a crazed laugh, a laugh that filled your dreams with fright. Only when that small little trickle of water ran down my face, did I realize my situation. “For you I’d say anything”, those are the words that brought me so much suffering and anguish. “For you I’d say anything,” I mumbled once more.


The author's comments:

I was half asleep when I wrote this but I hope some of you will like it.