Daisy | Teen Ink

Daisy

By purple-chip GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware
purple-chip GOLD, Wilmington, Delaware

✿"Don't Follow Your Dreams; Chase Them."
✿"Everyday Is A Second Chance."
✿"You Aren't A Problem; You Just Have One."

Swirling colors, turning and curling into themselves. They were happy pinks and sweet purples. As they passed me, all I could hear was the sound of children laughing. All I could smell was the fleeting scent of fresh daises and roses. One of the little creatures smiled at me, pretty little hands touching my cheeks softly.
“Come with us,” she whispered. The creature sent me flashes of rooms full of flowers, vines of beautifully colored plants that climbed up the walls and back down again. I felt myself smile, long fingers reaching out to feel the soft petals of the flowers. But before I could, the image changed. The new image was the same room, the one with the vines. Only this time, the room was full of beautiful people dancing around the room. Almost every woman was wearing those beautiful dresses, long shimmery strings of beads hanging off the skirts.
I giggled, watching everyone smiling and laughing.; Happy couples dancing hand in hand, eyes spelling the words of their love for each other without having to say a word. I could feel gentle fingers running through my hair, making me look over my shoulder to see one of those pretty creatures standing at my height. She was weaving flowers into my hair, smiling as she stopped for a second.
“Look, Daisy,” She said over the music, pointing to the stage. “Look at the dancers.”
I did as she said, my eyes connecting with girls that had short hair and tight costumes as they danced together to the music. They were so gorgeous… It took my breath away. I couldn’t remember how I got here, but I wanted to stay. I wanted to stay with all the happy people and all the beauty of the day.
The pretty fairy tapped my on the shoulder, smiling into my cheek. “Look at your dress, Daisy. Then you should go dance with that boy that’s been staring at you since you got here.” She said. And then she was gone, disappearing with the sound of laughter and the smell of roses. I looked down, seeing one of those gorgeous shimmering beaded dresses, in a charming rosy pink color.
I laughed, turning in a circle. I tucked a lock of black hair behind my ear, looking up to see a boy with bright green eyes watching me. I blushed, biting my lip through a smile. He made his way through the people; sharp black suit clung tightly to his body. His eyes had the same that the happy couples had when they looked at each other. But who was he and why was he looking at me like that? He smiled brightly and I felt little hands grace the top of my forehead. And then I knew who he was and where I was.
I was at the Swan Dance Hall in New York City. It was the fourth of July. And that boy was my boyfriend, Robby James. He smiled at me, wrapping his arms around me as he got close to me.
“And where have you been hiding all night, Miss Daisy?” He asked, laughing softly and kissing my cheek.
“I’ve been here all night.” I lied, smiling sweetly and leaning into him. “Come on!” He grabbing his hands and tugging. “Let’s go dancing!”