Joseph | Teen Ink

Joseph

By Jayphin SILVER, Wilmigton, Delaware
Jayphin SILVER, Wilmigton, Delaware

It was just another typical family. This family was compose of the perfect family of five. First up was William the dad, with his astonishing Maiden Helen Thomas.  They conceive two kids together. The middle kid’s name was Alfred and there was small sweet little Pearl.
             Before William met Helen, he was married with another woman. They had a child together. This was the first child of William; the child’s name was Joseph. William's late wife suffered from leukemia. She died when little Joseph was only three years old. Joseph remembered his mother fairly well even thought he was very young. He remembers her by a little music box that his mother would play for him before bedtime. Joseph would always concentrate on the thin doll that would dance to the music of the box in circles. His mom would twist the little handle and he would enjoy. This was Joseph daily night time routine.          
  One day William told Joseph that his mom was not feeling well and that she needed to rest. That day Joseph did not bother his mom at all. William looked low-spirited. He knew that his wife only had a few days to die. The leukemia was already to advance to even cure it.
That night Joseph knocked his mom's room but she did not answer. He went in and saw his mother peacefully sleeping. He went to wake her up but his mother did not respond.  Joseph wanted for his mother to spin the little knob of the music box but little that he know that she no longer was able to. Joseph ran to his dad and told him that mommy did not respond. Joseph did not understand why his mother was unable to talk to him. Later in William explained to him that mommy went to heaven, became an angel and was now another star in the sky.
One year went by and William met Helen. They got married and Alfred was born a year later.  Then after two years later little pearl was born. Joseph lived with his step-sibling and his step mom.
She was a bit terrifying. William did not see it but joseph did. He would hate her so much because she would always mimic him. If he got hurt she would not hold him and help him out, she would just stared at him and watch him cry. He would always feel the discrimination because he was not Helen’s son. Joseph hated Helen because she was a hypocrite. She would pretend he cared for joseph when William was around.
For Joseph the only family that he only knew was his dad, his grandpa and his little sister that he loved with all his heart. Sometimes his grandpa would take his to the park and tell him stories. He loved his grandpa stories. His grandpa was the only one he could confess all the horrible this his step mom would do to him and the only one who would believe him. He loved his grandpa with all his heart; he would always try to be with him. He would sometimes go and stay with him for two months for the summer vacation. Joseph was the most cheerful kid in the whole world when he did not have to be in the house with his step mom and his step brother Alfred. Alfred was mean to him. He would bully him and sometimes throw dirt at him.
Joseph would always tell on him but Helen would always pipe in and say that they were just playing around and that they were just little kids. Joseph was really tired of the same old situation and he ran away.
Days went by and William could not find Joseph. His grandpa was also very worried too. They did not know what to do.  Helen in the other hand was full of joy that Joseph was not found. She would always tell William that Joseph was a naughty kid and he was a horrible influence for the kids. William started to notice that Joseph was right about Helen. She was a hypocrite. He notices that she did not ever cared about joseph. That bothered William so much because he loved his son. Joseph was the only thing William had left from his late wife.
A few more days went by, finally joseph appeared. Joseph said that he ran away to Aunt Martha’s house. William, apologize to Joseph and told him that he would always believe him no matter what.
Joseph never returns to his house again. He went to live with his grandpa. He was now away from his step mom and his step brother. He was the most contended kid in the whole world.