The Decent of Madness | Teen Ink

The Decent of Madness

By Mr.Seven BRONZE, San Elizario, Texas
Mr.Seven BRONZE, San Elizario, Texas

"Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality"

What if your mind has he the purest of intentions but the body commits themm with bloody violence, and you say i am not, for would a mad man tell you my story 

Chapter 1: The Decent Of Madness

The night had fastly aprroched on me, weary was i after a long day of writting and comenting respectivly, for i am an editior for the daily courier. " Alas what is this" i spy an odd envolope on my desk, on that had a presence only a letter writen by a noble would. I examined the letter " To: David Allen, From: Elise De Vallia" intresting now why would a french noble be contacting me. I opened he letter and to my suprise i was an invitation to a celebration for a young lady about to become a lady. Well then since i was invited surley i was to except the invitation, although i my self am not a fan of social engagments. I exited my office on the top floor of my mansion and wen down stairs to be greated by my butler " Good morning sir, is there i can help you with" the young butler had said with a calm and monotone voice " Certainly indeed please fetch me a carrage so tha i may depart early" " May i ask why sir" he had responed " A young ladies ball for her sixteenth birthday" and He to I " Yes of course and i shall have your transport ready please take a seat i will only be five miniues" after this he had gone out to prepare my transport. I watched as the tall butler did as i asked and within my mind i began to wonder why i had accepted to venure off for a social engagment. Surly i could have said no, just as i have done so for so many others, but why was this so appealing to me that i make my precence. As i ponder this a number of minutes had passed by, dazed was i as the idea was still within the walls of my brain. All of a sudden i heard a familiar voice say " Sir your transport is ready". I awoke from my trace "Thank you i shall return at Midnight", " Very well sir i shall be waiting and please enjoy yourself". With those simple words i had begun my journey into the city, a long ride was in story for me so i decided to take a well deserved sleep, after all the ride would take 45 minutes at the most. I slowly closed my eyes and let my mind take over.
{ 45 Minutes Later}

I eventually arrived at the Vallie mannor, the tall gothic tower structured towered over me it sure was a very intemidating pressence. As i entered the mannor i heard the sound of an orchastra in the building, a beauiful melody that would make even the toughest man shead a tear or two, that was a signal that i was just in time for the opening cermony. I slipped in the door unotice to what i believe and made my self part of the crowd and say the decent of the lady Marie, her dress was a peral whie and a reflecion could be seen in everyones eyes had homer had been here we would say that she was a goddess. As she decented the last step she walked toward the center of the room where there was already a place for her set. We watched as her father and daughter shared a dance to a waltz, as the night had dragged on i found my self staring at the young lady. I scanned her top from bottom and i found my self falling in love with the women, myself only being 17 years old it wasnt all to rare to find a boy of my age infactuated by a young women. I looked at my pocket watch and it was 12:30, at this point i felt a cold shake in my body and my mind set began to change. I heard voices that werent in the room, i say people in the room who werent actually in the room, in order to get my facts straigh i withdrew and went to a room. I rushed out with my head in my hands that of which i havent done before, as i reach the room my sences return and as i sit here explaining this i am not mad, for a mad man would have no control of himself but i did and i can tell you that my behaviors changed from that point on. I entered the room and saw the women that i had fallen in love with opening her gifts it was then that her attitude hit me the wrong way. The falseness of her face made me furious but seeing as i was in public i held it in, for the rest of the ball i had the anger within me and before i had knew i it was time to cut the cake. The baker had a customized knife for this cake but for some reason they had remembered where they had placed it, it could have easily ended up in the hands of a mad man, but never the less the show had to go on. All the guests had their cake procedded to leave except those who were asked to stay the night. This, as i could no lonher hold the demon that had formed, was my oppurtunity to pay someone an unexpected visit. The sky was a charcoal black as i entered her room, so silently had i done it not even a bat could detect me in the room, the night had been silent as i slowly approched her bed wielding the customized knife in my hand, yet with one fatal shot she had painted the nearby wall with a crimson color. I took a step back to enjoy my work and i heard he voices once again " Well Done" one had said, i leaned down to her and whispered into her ear " Relax its over you belong to me", i then paused as i regained my sences. My god what have i done i had killed the only women that i loved, i fell to my knees and stared at the ceiling as to ask god himself what act i had commited. I began to cry at the sight of the crime and there is where they found me with her blood on my hands. That night i had learned one thing: Love is a cruel and brutal mistress, she will make you do things that you would never do with you sences intact

This was written in the style of Edgar Allen Poe