Army Ant Men | Teen Ink

Army Ant Men

One night a boy named Joel was asleep in his bed. At around midnight he heard something hit the ground. He woke up and hid under his blanket with only his eyes showing. He looked around to see if anyone was there, but he saw nothing. He calmed down, laid back and closed his eyes. The second he closed his eyes he heard a tiny voice say “Is he big enough?” He immediately got up but he saw nothing. Then he looked down at his feet and saw a battalion of tiny men. They all climbed up his leg and pulled him down to the ground. He yelled for help but no one answered he only heard little men pull a bandana over his mouth. More and more little men appeared out of no where and they carried him out into the woods. When they stopped they took the bandana off his mouth and told him they needed his help. “Tell me who you are and what you want first!” Joel said. Their leader came forward and said “We are the army ant men of Brazil. Long ago our ancestors came from Brazil to the US. And here we have thrived ever since, we live underground were our women and children are now. We need your help.” “With what?” Joel asked. “With this. We found it years ago but we could never open it,” he replied. Joel picked it up it was a three year old bottle of Pepsi.