Am I Me? | Teen Ink

Am I Me?

May 11, 2015
By messenger116 SILVER, Hemet, California
messenger116 SILVER, Hemet, California
8 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
The road less traveled is hard to walk.


It happened again today.  It feels so great at the time.  Perfect.  But as soon as it's over, I don't recognize myself.  It's not wrong, what I'm doing. I've just never thought of myself as someone who does something like this.  My own self image, what it is that I do and don't, doesn't fit with the person I see in the mirror.  Does this change who I am?  I still feel like the same person.   I still like the same things, watch the same TV shows, play the same sports.  But am I still me? Part of me thinks,"Yes, of course you are." But the other part of me no longer has any idea who this person is.  Maybe this is change. Part of life, part of growing up, part of becoming the person you will be for the rest of your life.  If it is, I've never experienced anything like it before.  And even though I may not know exactly who I am right now, I know who I've been, and who I want to be, and I know that I will find my way.  Just because today may be shrouded in fog, that does not mean the sun won't come out tomorrow, and everything won't be clear once more.