The Break | Teen Ink

The Break

April 16, 2015
By Zarina Haffizulla SILVER, Davie, Florida
Zarina Haffizulla SILVER, Davie, Florida
9 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Finally, it was the last day of school before spring break came. I was so excited, I’ve been looking for this day since Day 1 of March. I only need to get through this day and then my spring break begins! My first class was Biology. I went to my Biology Class and we pretty much talk about the last section of the book, and we had free time.
“Yes!” I whispered to myself with joy. Everyone else was studying for tests for other classes, while I just had to do some research for one of my projects. Which wasn’t that bad.  Once that class was over I went to Math. We just watched an SAT video and went over the quiz.
The SAT Video only took about 16 minutes and when we went over the quiz, it took the whole period.
“Two classes down, five more to go!” I whispered to myself once again.
Next was my computer class. All we did in that class was talk or finish up the project we needed to complete. I was almost done with that project. Basically you have to make a magazine on the topic you chose. I chose my topic on Basketball. Since I know a lot about it. For that project you need to create an eight page magazine, with 5 articles, and two ads created by you. I already finished the five articles, know all I need to do are the ads I’m creating. Then once that class was over, I decided to save it on my flashdrive so I can work on it at home, just to get it over with. Next was my writing class. I just had to typed a paper on a specific topic.
“Spring Break is getting closer and closer!” I said in my head.
The guy next to me named, Will agreed with me. Will is my best friend and we’ve been counting down the days until spring break came.
Next was English. In English we had to watch an SAT video, which took about 15 minutes. Which wasn’t that bad in my opinion. After we finished watching the video, we had free time. Some of my friends either watch TV shows or played games on their Ipads. I decided for the duration of the class, to just talk to my friends. We had a nice conversation. Then it was time for lunch. I had salad and sat with my friends. We had a great time, and told each other what we’re going to do for Spring Break. I told them, that my mom made a big birthday party for my two grandpas. One’s birthday was in March and the other was in April. My mom made a bunch of food and she invited a lot of family over.
Then, I had my history class. We went over the worksheet we did yesterday on Chapter 23 and we exchanged the correct answers. That took about most of the period. I was still constantly thinking about Spring Break. When we finished going over all of the pages to the worksheet, my teacher put on CNN students news. That was a little interesting to watch. I have to tell you, time goes really fast. So once the student news ended, the bell rang.
Lastly, it was time to go to my Spanish class. It took meet about five minutes to get there, and I sat down in the class, waiting for the bell the ring. Everyone in my class finally came in and the bell rang. All my teacher did was go over the homework we had yesterday. The work was actually very easy, it pretty much took me like 2 minutes to do. Since we already finished Chapter 4, we had time to ourselves once again. She let us all talk to each other, and I had a great time. I got to talk to my friends for this rest of the period. Then when it was about two minutes until class ended, everyone was staring at the clock. The clock was ticking one by one, waiting for the minute hand to turn, finally there was one minute left. I was so exciting everyone was bouncing around waiting for that last minute hand to turn, then the bell rang.  My Spanish teacher told us to have a great Spring Break, and everyone was so happy.
I got to meet up with my friend and I just went to my locker to get some things and we headed to my mom’s car because she was picking me up. We finally arrived to my mom’s car, and I said bye to my friend. My mom told me to gather all of my other siblings.
I went to get my three siblings. I loaded all of their bags into the trunk, and everyone was inside.
Then Spring Break officially began.