JLB Radio | Teen Ink

JLB Radio

*theme music starts and fades out*
Christopher:  Hello, my name is Christopher Greene, and this is the 7 o’clock nightly news broadcast by JLB radio station.  Our main story for tonight is that the National Bank in Somerset has been robbed.  The robbers have supposedly stolen over $200,000 dollars.  There are no leads as of right now as to who committed this heinous crime.
Last night at the soccer game, the Bengals won against the Golden Eagles by 4 with the final score of 10-6.  Great job girls!  Everyone at JLB radio station wishes all the athletes good luck as they play their games.
*Sound of fuzz on TV*
This just in, we have a high speed chase taking place on Northern Lights Lane.  We will take you to Emily Wright who is covering this developing story. 
*Sound of car running*
Emily:  Hello, this is Emily Wright and I am currently in a car driving to a point that the officials believe the chase will drive past.  The chase is currently taking place on Northern Lights Lane.  The officials reported that the car is heading westbound and going towards the Holiday Inn about 3 miles down Northern Lights Lane.  If anyone is within a five mile radius of this area, I would suggest that you evacuate immediately.   This chase could become deadly and the officials would like us to keep all traffic clear.  We have arrived on scene and there’s Officer Whittingham, let’s try talking with him. 
*door opens and closes* *footsteps walking*
Emily:  Officer Whittingham, may I have a word?
Whittingham: Yes, sure
Emily:  Are there any new leads in this developing chase?
Whittingham: Yes, the driver is driving a blue sedan and are no other passengers in the vehicle. 
Emily:  Are there any suggestions that you would give our listeners?
Whittingham: Yes, will everyone please clear the Northern Lights Lane.  If you are in the area, try to stay inside.  This will help us to stop the driver with ease. 
Emily:  Thanks officer.  We will be following this story until the end and let you know when something major happens.  Back to you Christopher.
*pause*
Christopher:  Thank you Emily.  As she had said we will be following this story until the end and we will let you in on anything new.  The police are working very hard to contain this chase to a minimal amount of area.  If you have any news about this please call the police station at 715-764-0253. 
*pause*
Christopher:  We will now take you to Brian Locke, our weatherman, to give you the weather for the rest of the week. 
*nature sounds*
Brian:  Thank you Christopher.  Our weather for the next week is as follows; Monday will be 65? and cloudy, Tuesday- 62? and sunny, Wednesday- 67? and sunny, Thursday-66? and cloudy, Friday- 70? and sunny, Saturday- 70? and sunny, Sunday-68? and cloudy with a chance of rain.  Friday and Saturday would be a perfect day to go out and do some yard work or something.  For a more a in-depth forecast, go to our website at www.jlbradio.com.  You can see a complete forecast and current events happening at the time.  We will now send you back to Christopher for more of our nightly broadcast.
*pause*   
Christopher:  Thank you Brian.  As many of you know, the price of gas has gone up.  It used to be at $1.98 and now it has changed to $2.25.  The price is continuing to rise and may keep rising for a while.  This just in, are break has been made in the high speed car chase! We take you live to Ella Murphy who is in a chopper above the scene.
*pause*
*helicopter sound heard*
Ella:  Thanks Christopher, I have been in contact with the local authorities and they are letting me have a seat in the chopper that is flying about the scene.  The new breaking news that we have for you is that the police are hoping to stop the driver by using road spikes.  These road spikes will be put out at the intersection of Northern Lights Lane and 153rd street.  They are estimating that the driver will hit them in about a minute.  If the road spikes work then the driver will be stopped, if they don’t, then we will need to resort to another option, building a road block out of squad cars.  In a couple seconds the driver should hit the spikes.  He is about a few hundred feet from the spikes.
*helicopter noise*
Ella: GOT ‘EM! The road spikes worked! This was a great effort done by the local police department to bring this driver down.  Congratulations on a job well done! We will send you back to Christopher in the radio station to finish up the nightly broadcast.
*pause*
Christopher:    Great work ladies and gentlemen! This will conclude our nightly 7 o’clock radio broadcast.  This is Christopher Greene signing off for JLB radio station.  Tune in tomorrow for another broadcast presented by our amazing staff.
*theme music*