Your Grave | Teen Ink

Your Grave

By TheGenesisWriter SILVER, Hemet, California
TheGenesisWriter SILVER, Hemet, California

"Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them." -William Shakespeare

You were my rock. The only person I could truly turn to when I needed to get something off my chest but now you are gone like the wind. The only place I can go to talk to you now is here at the cemetery. I’m not saying it isn’t a nice cemetery. It is beautiful. Lush grass covers the ground and tall oaks dot the landscape and there always seems to be a delicate breeze drifting by that reminds me of your delicate touch. Your grave is beautiful too. It is made of black granite with everything I love about you etched into its cold face and your grave is never without fresh flowers. I only bring white roses, your favorite. I feel so alone without you and ever since your passing my mind has been under siege with questions about life and about death. What is and what isn’t. Reality and fantasy. The only thing that silences their incessant torment is coming here. You silence these nightmares that shroud me like fog and bring peace back to my mind. Oh Lord, oh God, I miss you. Hopefully I won’t have to live without you much longer and that wherever you may be you are waiting for me. Just as I said the last day we talked in person when tears welled up in my eyes and I got a lump in my throat, “See you soon, my love.”