Páipéar | Teen Ink

Páipéar

April 11, 2015
By BoobooBeetle DIAMOND, Jacksonville, Florida
BoobooBeetle DIAMOND, Jacksonville, Florida
74 articles 1 photo 36 comments

Favorite Quote:
“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”
G.K. Chesterton

"And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you."
Denis Johnson


My ancestry is quite old. I was first born in ancient China in the 2nd century BC. At first, I was an immense deal and extremely rare. I used to be treated like royalty, being stored in a cool room, with plenty of room to lie. Now, everyone uses me, whenever they please. I’ll be blown down the road, barely dodging a speeding car, and I’ll accidently hit a person in the leg, and you know what they do? Nothing, absolutely nothing! They just keep walking like nothing ever happened… I’ve always been there when people had to express their feelings, or tell someone something important. I’ve tried to come in different colors to appeal more, but that isn’t good enough, I’ve tried coming in different sizes and styles but as always, that doesn’t seem to be good enough either. I just can’t stand it anymore, always being mistreated or overlooked. The next time you need to let your imagination run free, or let your emotions out in a non-violent way, go to Microsoft Word, since that’s the new “thing” you all use now… I understand that the 21st century is filled with pressure and I also understand that you may not be able to just think about the wonders of natural products. However, I do know that you have time to pick up trash on the sidewalk. Use me for my purpose, that’s all I ask of you. Please, please help me, for it will help you in the long run…


The author's comments:

This is written in the perspective of paper; it's quite upset with today's society. As a writer, I care much about paper, therefore, this is to bring awareness to paper and that we shouldn't take advantage of it.