A Day Sick | Teen Ink

A Day Sick

March 26, 2015
By Akshay Gopalkrishnan BRONZE, Cupertino, Other
Akshay Gopalkrishnan BRONZE, Cupertino, Other
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

A Day Sick

Cough...Cough.  I wake up in bed to the unpleasant sound of hearing myself cough and to the dreadful feeling of being sick.  But hey, at least I got to skip school.  I use all my energy to get out of bed (which nearly took me a minute), and I made scrambled eggs, which turned out to taste as bad as someone’s vomit.  After eating my unappetizing breakfast that made me feel worse, I decided to check my temperature.  It read: 101.6 Fahrenheit.  “Well-- no progress from yesterday”.  I sadly said to myself.  To make me more remorseful, sweat drips down my face, and I could tell I was exhausted and severely sick.   I used to think it was really fun to stay home, but this! This was torture!  This was as bad as the Nazis and the Holocaust! I felt like I was trying to stab and kill myself, but I wouldn’t die.  I was completely miserable.  Since I felt horrendous, I decided to cheer myself up by playing Madden Mobile. Again. The sweat comes.  I picked up the IPad and abruptly sweat pours down my face like a roaring Waterfall.  My head was almost like a source of water, I was sweating through the pain of picking up the immense IPad.  “Time to give up and sleep again...” I pessimistically thought to myself after my failure of playing on the IPad.  Everything I touched or I tried turned into trouble.  I decided to sleep, hopefully I wouldn’t constantly sweat by resting. I duck under the covers of my cozy bed, praying to have a beneficial sleep that would cure my everlasting fatigue.  I close my eyes, and fall asleep, dreaming about what was happening in school without me.   After a while,  I hear a distinct call, “Akshay… Akshay… AKSHAY! There’s sweat all over the place!”.  It just couldn’t seem to get out…