Trapped in an Elevator | Teen Ink

Trapped in an Elevator

Hannah pushed the elevator button, it lit up. A second later, the door slid open. She waved goodbye to the screaming fans who crowded the hotel lobby. She stepped in and the doors closed behind her.

“Yeah! That concert rocked!” Said Hannah

“Oh my goodness! Are you Hannah Montana? May I have your autograph?”

“Oh sweet niblets! Another crazed fan? Okay. Here you go.” Hannah pulled a picture of herself out of her bag, signed her name, and drew a big star with a sharpie and handed it to the big purple dinosaur.

“By the way, my name is Barney. It’s great to meet you. My friend Baby Bop is a huge fan,” He said.

“Well that rocks!” Hannah said as she straightened out her silver sequin scarf. She pulled out her diamond encrusted T-Mobile Sidekick III and started texting Nick Jonas, ignoring poor Barney.

The elevator stopped at the next floor. The doors seemed to open slower and squeaked a little in the process, and the lights flickered on and off quickly, but neither Barney or Hannah seemed to notice. The next passenger boarded the elevator. A 6’4”, 225 pound man with brown hair, a blue and white jersey with the number ten on it, and a big sterling silver Vince Lombardi Trophy got into the elevator.

“Didn’t I see you in and Oreo commercial?” Hannah Montana asked.

“I’m Eli Manning.”

“Who?”

“My team beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl and ruined their perfect season.”

“Yeah, whatever.” Hannah went back to texting.

“I never would be thought you would be mean in person.” Eli frowned.

“Yeah? Well nobody’s perfect.”

Just as Hannah finished her sentence the elevator stopped with a jerk. Everyone fell to the floor.

“Oh dear!” Barney said as he started crying.

“What happened?” Hannah asked, looking scared now.

“The elevator stopped working!” Eli said. Barney started hyperventilating. He curled up in the corner of the elevator and started singing to himself, “I love you, you love me, we’re a happy family…”

“Okay guys. We just need to chill out and maybe if we make some noise someone with hear us and call for help,” Hannah said.

Eli and Hannah started yelling. A few minutes later they heard a voice over the speakers in the elevator

“Help is on the way. No need to worry.” About a half hour later the elevator started back up, and Eli, Hannah, and Barney all got back to their hotel rooms safely.

MMGloria BRONZE, Stephens City, Virginia

"When you smoke the herb, it reveals you to yourself." - Bob Marley

I like the way you made all of the characters play off of each other. This was entertaining, though.

pinkypromise23 PLATINUM, Cranston, Rhode Island

i know that you believe you understand what you think i said, but im not sure you realize that what you heard is not what i meant.

ahhaha. hahaha. that was funy lol(: