Sword King | Teen Ink

Sword King

By ShannonChen BRONZE, Pasco, Washington
ShannonChen BRONZE, Pasco, Washington

Once upon a time, there was a brave marshal who worked for the king of a peaceful and beautiful land. Nobody would deny that his sword skill was the best in this kingdom, and the king trusted him so much.

Time went fast, the king was turning old and his body became very weak. A greedy king which had a kingdom next to it, wanted to invade this peaceful and beautiful land. When the war started, the loyal marshal led the whole army to protect the king and this kingdom, they defeated their enemies and won totally! The king was so glad, and so appreciated this marshal, so he granted him lots of rewards, included his favorite --- a luxury sword, everyone called the sword “Sword King.” The sword was special because it had a mind of its own

Because the sword was only used by the king, and now it belonged to the brave marshal, this sword always thought only successful people could use him, and other swords compared to him were junk and useless!
Once this sword was out of the castle, the world was colorful. Then the sword doubted if he was still the best, so he got mad and said: I will prove it! To everyone! So he left the marshal. Around the castle was a forest, he looked around and found nothing stronger and harder than him, he laughed super loud and sang:

I am the… best in the world… everybody… admires me!
I am the… bravest in the world… no one can… beat me!

Suddenly, a sound said: “I don't like your voice, please lower your voice down!” The sword was shocked and yelled: “Who is that?!”
“We are grass under you.”
“How you dare say that to me?!” Without grass explaining, he cut them down! And he felt better then, he laughed super loud and sang:

“I don't like your voice, please lower your voice down!” Here was someone saying the same thing as the grass, this time it was flavor, and the sword had her head chopped off, he still felt good, he laughed super loud and sang:

“I don't like your voice, please lower your voice down!” The sword was shocked again, and became very mad. Even though this time it was tiger, he jumped towards him crazily and cut all his hair off.

Now he thought even tiger couldn't do anything to him, so he shouted: “I told you all! I can cut anything off, but nobody can hurt me!” a sound far away said lightly: “Come here sword, let’s see if you are right.”

Who is that? That was a stream! The sword jumped towards the stream with strong emotion because he thought the stream looked down on him! He tried to cut its head off, but that was useless! He can’t cut off water! And every time he cut it, he got red spots on himself! Oh?He was rusted! “That is unbelievable!” His failure freaked him out completely, he ran away as fast as he could, and never to be seen again.