Full Blood Moon | Teen Ink

Full Blood Moon

By blue-moon SILVER, Palm Desert, California
blue-moon SILVER, Palm Desert, California

"If Life is art, Then what is Death?"

The looming darkness made me crouch as footsteps echoed throughout the long hallway in front of me. My eyes darted from side to side, looking for the origin of the steps, but there was none. Moonlight shimmered through the window farther down the hallway, it’s red streaks lighting up the walkway. A figure stood there, too far away to perfectly describe in detail. I could see the red light shimmer in their hair as they walked forward. I dodged to the side and hid behind a statue. The footfalls grew louder and louder until it stopped in front of the statue. Click. Yellow light streamed from behind the statue as it turned and fell on me. I stared at the man with the flashlight, and I saw him flinch as I did so. I leap, and stood behind him as he fell to the ground. I wiped the blade on his clothes before putting it back in it’s holder on my back. Grabbing the keys from his belt I walked along the hallway. Swinging the keys back and forth as I walked, a grim smirk rose to my lips. This was the easiest crime I have ever commited.