5 Tall Mountains | Teen Ink

5 Tall Mountains

By LydiaK GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
LydiaK GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

They are what I see when I look outside. I am the only one who appreciates their beauty.  Four Tall mountains with snow capped tops and rustic beauty. Four that make me notice life’s natural wonders.  Four that people don’t take the time to notice, four that I can see when I open my windows I can see when I close my eyes, the natural beauty we take for granted kissed upon by the snowy angels.
They make private the sorrow hiding within, they stand tall within this cold hard world. Reigning from the ground as kings with their white snowcap crowns. The secrets they hide could fill the brains of the universe… 
Let one forget his reason for being, they speak so we will notice silent towers over our heads. When I am too sad they remind me how mighty we can be if we believe in the beauty of the things our eyes cannot see. When there is nothing left to look at I look to them for wisdom and perseverance.
Four tall mountains I know and love, four tall mountains reigning from the ground, four tall mountains I’ll always love even when I am gone...