Jack the Rabbit | Teen Ink

Jack the Rabbit

By IsaacD BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas
IsaacD BRONZE, Olathe, Kansas

Jack was just like any other rabbit in the park. He would race the other kits and eat flowers with them. There was just one thing that was different. He had to prove any thing he heard was true. He was a have to see it to believe it kind of guy. That’s what got him in trouble on August 9, 2010.

Jack’s parents were just like any other parents all they wanted to do was to raise a good kid and keep him safe. That’s why they warned him about the forest and why not to go in there. To keep him safe they told him about the great foxes that live in the forest. They could run faster and they were stronger, and if and when they caught you they would kill you. This story seemed so bizarre to Jack that his imagination went wild; he had dreams about giant orange creatures for weeks. He decided he had to see one to know that they were real.

After deciding to prove to himself that foxes were real Jack sat at the edge of the dangerous forest to see if he could spot a great fox. He sat there for eight hours a day and seven days a week for three months. Then he decided he had to see a fox. He took off into the forest. He was really scared at first then he realized that he hadn’t seen a single other animal. It was all a lie; his parents lied to him about the fox to keep him out of the forest. He started to make his way out of the forest thinking about ways to confront his parents about this ordeal. That’s when the great fox came out of his den and started chasing Jack. Jack outran the fox for a minute or two then the fox caught him. The fox continued to strangle Jack. The fox stopped just before Jack was dead, then just left. Jack laid there for hours before he could gain the strength and courage to get up and go home.

Once Jack got home his mother was hysterical when he told her the story of what happened. Both his mother and father were very forgiving even after he disobeyed them. They had a long talk about why they would never lie to him. Jack was very lucky to still be alive today. He learned to always trust his parents.

Moral of the story: Always trust your superiors